Couple kills in the goat so far... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Couple kills in the goat so far...

Hey guys Im new here been reading around for a while and decided to sign up. Ive had my stock 06 A4 for about 5 months now and I thought I'd share a few kill stories.

The first car I raced was a foxbody 5.0 with unknown mods but definately exhaust and sounded cammed. We went from about 40-90 and I steadily pulled to about 1.5 cars on him. Turned out he was a guy I met a few days before at a party. He had to do a ricer flyby I think I pissed him off. His dad races Fords so I think he was a little salty.

Next was another 5.0 in the city (I live just north of Chicago) Some dude with his girl and some kid in the back... He was breathin' fire catchin up to me in traffic I heard him before I saw him, then we got stopped at a red. I had 2 other adults in the car with me. We ran up to about 65 and I pulled away from him about 1.5 cars haha he seemed pissed. we ended up jumping on the tollway but I never let him catch up and he exited shortly.

I raced 2 different STI's. One was RICED out with the biggest D-bag driving. He rode my ass hard for about 1/2 mile then it opened up to 2 lanes and a stoplight. He had every ricer mod you could think of and a very mean sounding blowoff. I was actually a little intimidated. When he pulled next to me at the light I looked over and it was some punk with his girl. i had my girl in the car with me too and when the light turned green I gunned it. He beefed the launch bad but I didnt let up and had him by about 4 cars by 90mph. He proceeded to ride my ass again after that lol. The other STI was two dudes from a stop. I had no passengers and pretty much steadily pulled away to about 85 or so, waving goodbye to them as I went.lol:

A few weeks ago I was on the tollway back from the city and saw some HID's comin up behind me. It was a modded 350z w exhaust and dunno what else but sounded pretty mean. I had 2 other adults in my car. We ran from about 70-120. He got the jump but it was pretty much even till about 100 then I pulled slowly about 1 car ahead. Man I hate those cars so much it really made my day

Just last night another venture home from the city and an '00 T/A LS1 comes up behind me and was all Blacked out. I just read another thread on here titled "Baited Bad" about getting baited by a cop in a blacked out mustang, so I was a little hesitant at first but decided oh well. It was pretty close we ran a few times 70-100 I had about 2 cars on him. Then we get to a stoplight eventually and I roll down my window. Its a guy driving and a girl sitting shotty and he goes..."She wont let me!" with a southern accent lol they had Tennessee plates. It was her car and he was driving. She was like "Yall are killin me!" haha she loved it though deep down I know it.

My first loss was to a worthy adversary an 09 C6 Corvette. We were pretty much dead even thru 1st and halfway thru second (my second, he had a six speed) he pulled away. Some rich high school d-bag driving daddys car w his girlfriend. I dont think he expected me to hang as good as I did, but also he drove like ****. I have loved Vettes forever and gave a wave and a thumbs up but he just gave a dirty look and turned off. What a ****.

Another loss was to a new Porche Panamera (sp?) he got the jump from way behind and by the time I saw him coming up I gunned it but he blew by me and I never had a chance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 11:38 AM

Haha nice stories! I haven't raced my goat. The other nice this Honda ricer with a fart can tried to race at a stop light. He was yelling and revving his fart exhaust. He thought I was a guy obviously he couldn't see past my dark tint. I was tempted but it was in a place infamous for cops so I rolled down my window and he was shocked to see a lady lol I told him he wasn't worth the gas and floored it. He was so mad! And turned off a few miles later.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyRed06 View Post
Another loss was to a new Porche Panamera (sp?) he got the jump from way behind and by the time I saw him coming up I gunned it but he blew by me and I never had a chance.
Good times! I'm in Silicon Valley and haven't seen a Panamera yet. Probably the most aggressively geared modern performance car in history with it's dual clutch tranny. Wrote an article about it.

It will hit a 3.3 0-60 and a 1.6-1.7 60ft on the street all day, high 11s in the high teens. That is a noble loss.

'07 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro "commuter"
'09 G37 Coupe Journey
'11 HD Street Glide 103
“The Andy Rooney of Cars”
Examiner.com

“My automotive consultant.” - Wayland Joe, 2-time SCCA Runoff Champion, exotic car owner

Last edited by Deuuuce; 02-12-2010 at 05:50 PM.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 06:26 PM

Nice kills and deaths OP.

Deuuuce how do you write an article on a car you haven't driven let alone seen?????
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
Good times! I'm in Silicon Valley and haven't seen a Panamera yet. Probably the most aggressively geared modern performance car in history with it's dual clutch tranny. Wrote an article about it.

It will hit a 3.3 0-60 and a 1.6-1.7 60ft on the street all day, high 11s in the high teens. That is a noble loss.
That's the turbo version isn't it? I saw Tommy Kendall driving the Panamera on the show that he hosts (Test Drive?). Definitely a nice car that will surprised a lot of wanna be contenders that don't know anything about it.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

The thing was a beast but the back end looked pretty fugly IMO. There's a bunch of upscale dealerships on this highway and there are always people test driving sick new rides. I actually saw one of those new Ferrari 458's but it was just sitting in a parking lot.

2006 A4 SRM - K&N intake - Pedders Springs, shocks, struts - Hotchkis front/rear swaybars - JBA shortys, catted mids, SLP LM2 - Driveshaft Works 1 Piece aluminum

Chicago IL

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post

Deuuuce how do you write an article on a car you haven't driven let alone seen?????
Analyzing data and facts. A lot of article on cars I've never seen in person or driven yet. Check'em out and you'll understand.

Porsche Panamera - why so quick?

Ferrari 458 highlights

Lexus LF-a sounds effects vs. Mustang GT

McLaren MP4-12C Design Flaw

Saw this one but busted the rumor: GTR XX Landshark is a fake

CTS Coupe Should Be Axed

Ferrari 599XX Misses The Mark

'09 G37 Coupe Journey
'11 HD Street Glide 103
Examiner.com

“My automotive consultant.” - Wayland Joe, 2-time SCCA Runoff Champion, exotic car owner
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6QTS11OZ View Post
That's the turbo version isn't it?
Yes. The non-turbo is supposed to be a low 13sec, 108ish mph car. A good race for an LS2 GTO.

'09 G37 Coupe Journey
'11 HD Street Glide 103
Examiner.com

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-13-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
Analyzing data and facts. A lot of article on cars I've never seen in person or driven yet. Check'em out and you'll understand.

Porsche Panamera - why so quick?

Ferrari 458 highlights

Lexus LF-a sounds effects vs. Mustang GT

McLaren MP4-12C Design Flaw

Saw this one but busted the rumor: GTR XX Landshark is a fake

CTS Coupe Should Be Axed

Ferrari 599XX Misses The Mark

I read the articles.

Definately well written.

I disagree with the CTS coupe. I think there are enough Baby Boomers that had T-Birds, Regals, Cutlass' and Grand Prix coupes looking for that car again. I think there are some leftover Eldorado, Toronado and Riviera as well as Lincoln Mark buyers looking for their next car and despising the idea of buying a 4 door car.

Time will tell.

I didn't know Ranger was a big enough celebrity to be mentioned in an article.

He's a neat person to meet. You should try getting out of the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia and heading east and meeting up with him.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-15-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
I read the articles.

Definately well written.

I disagree with the CTS coupe. I think there are enough Baby Boomers that had T-Birds, Regals, Cutlass' and Grand Prix coupes looking for that car again. I think there are some leftover Eldorado, Toronado and Riviera as well as Lincoln Mark buyers looking for their next car and despising the idea of buying a 4 door car.

Time will tell.

I didn't know Ranger was a big enough celebrity to be mentioned in an article.

He's a neat person to meet. You should try getting out of the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia and heading east and meeting up with him.
Thank you.

Yes, time will tell. That demographic may not exist anymore with the income available but one never knows for sure.

Ranger and Furman both ran some spectacular times that continue to be referenced so I thought it was time. Ranger has a website as well.

You are SPOT-ON regarding CA, no question. It's ridiculous and I think a lot of people are fed-up.

We were planning on being at Sebring this year (not with the SRT-8) but that fell through. Do you go?

'09 G37 Coupe Journey
'11 HD Street Glide 103
Examiner.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in