First Kill STI - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First Kill STI

Last night, only the second night of owning, and finally got passed 500 miles at about two in the morning.

I pull up to a toll both at the same time as the guy next to me does, I look over and it is a STI. I know these things are like a bat outta he!! outta the hole, My gate opens first, I see him looking at me, I wait for his to open and we go. Just like I expected he blew me outta the hole. Got about three to four lengths on me, then at about 75 the tide started to turn, by 95 we were even, both took it up to about 130 and I had a good 10-15 car lengths on him. Slowed down to the speed limit and let him catch up, he gave me a thumbs up, as I did to him as well, we rode together for about 20 miles, he got behind me gave a flash of the lights and exited the highway.

This was a blast, this is what having a car like this is all about the guy was friendly as was I. If you respond to this please do not call the STI a "ricer" or a boy race car. The car has balls (just not as big as my new Goat). I couldnt have beaten this guy in my 05 Mustang GT that I just got rid of, I was convinced that the Mustang was about ready to fall apart at about 110, had it up there once and it was scary.

Fun race and nice kill if I do say so my-self. Anyone on here had an STI? Is it normal for them to stop pulling hard around 100? It seemed like around 95 Is where the goat really started going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 08:53 PM

I have never driven either car, (waiting until later this year to look for an 05 GTO) but the 1/4 mile times and mph tell it all. The STi comes in at 100 mph while an 05 GTO comes in at 107+. It goes to show the STi relies on gearing and AWD while the GTO relies on good old American (AUstralian?) muscle.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 09:43 PM

This BS still continues. YOU BEAT A 4 CYL CAR!!!!!! A G0D Dmm 2.5 liter. You get no props here. Toast a car with a V8 then talk.

In addition he beat you to 95 but you called the thread First Kill STI ?

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue05
Last night, only the second night of owning, and finally got passed 500 miles at about two in the morning.

I pull up to a toll both at the same time as the guy next to me does, I look over and it is a STI. I know these things are like a bat outta he!! outta the hole, My gate opens first, I see him looking at me, I wait for his to open and we go. Just like I expected he blew me outta the hole. Got about three to four lengths on me, then at about 75 the tide started to turn, by 95 we were even, both took it up to about 130 and I had a good 10-15 car lengths on him. Slowed down to the speed limit and let him catch up, he gave me a thumbs up, as I did to him as well, we rode together for about 20 miles, he got behind me gave a flash of the lights and exited the highway.

This was a blast, this is what having a car like this is all about the guy was friendly as was I. If you respond to this please do not call the STI a "ricer" or a boy race car. The car has balls (just not as big as my new Goat). I couldnt have beaten this guy in my 05 Mustang GT that I just got rid of, I was convinced that the Mustang was about ready to fall apart at about 110, had it up there once and it was scary.

Fun race and nice kill if I do say so my-self. Anyone on here had an STI? Is it normal for them to stop pulling hard around 100? It seemed like around 95 Is where the goat really started going.
The STI didn't stop pulling, the massive hp that you have comes into play at about 80 and at that point weight is less of an issue. Advantage GTO.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by II-Savy
This BS still continues. YOU BEAT A 4 CYL CAR!!!!!! A G0D Dmm 2.5 liter. You get no props here. Toast a car with a V8 then talk.

An extremely fast four. With a large turbo, and 300hp, and less weight and much better traction. This wasn't a good kill, it's a great kill. Especially in an open hwy area where it's safer, and you both enjoyed it and were friendly about it. This is what it's all about.
Now go find the sucker that bought your old Mustang and suck the headlights outta that Ford when you blow him away.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-23-2005, 11:11 PM

I would have to agree with the last post. When its all wheel drive it makes a big difference. I am ashamed to say I lost to an all wheel drive v6. When we left off the line, my back end was all over the place (traction control was off) and the all wheel drive just went in a straight line. I am pretty sure I could have gotten him, but after slipping and sliding (on a busy 6 lane road), I was not in the mood to try. Again a good "kill".
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-24-2005, 12:52 AM

Good kill... And in the spirit of the US Aussie Hybrid I raise a Fosters
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-24-2005, 01:07 AM

[QUOTE=II-Savy]This BS still continues. YOU BEAT A 4 CYL CAR!!!!!! A G0D Dmm 2.5 liter. You get no props here. Toast a car with a V8 then talk.

In addition he beat you to 95 but you called the thread First Kill STI ?[/QUOTE
take your butt whipping like a man if he lines it up he gets smoked, 1cyl 10cyl it doesn't matter the sti is turbo charged 300hp........U GET MUCH PROPS GOOOOOOD KILL
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-24-2005, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by II-Savy

I beat my boyfriend driving my old 05 Mustang GT. Last I checked I would consider that a good kill as well. Did that one tonight, the guy who wanted to buy the car backed out, and now I am stuck with this piece of crap for a little while longer. Last I checked savy this was a V8, can we talk now.

I know that the STI is only a four banger, but it is turboed to around 300hp and it is all wheel drive, this thing would rip a Ferrari outta the hole. I am not ashamed. I guess that this is the difference between you and I, I am a true car enthuasist, while you are only able to appriciate a car with a big engine. I love all cars, and when you can take a small engine and put out that much horsepower I should say that I am impressed. Again I guess that I just like cars. I am new to this board, and so far I think that I like everyone but you.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-24-2005, 02:04 AM

Well, I guess beating Formula One race cars wouldn't count either as they're only cheesy four bangers, too.

I smoked a kid in his Mom's 4-door Toyota Corolla tonight. Stock wheels (complete with hubcaps), TRD sticker, coffee can exhaust, and a rear wing that would make a SuperBird blush.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in