User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 02:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First Kill tonight...Mustang GT

On the interstate coming home I ran into a guy in a gray stang. It was an 07 or 08...Had black racing stripes and the guy was driving like he needed to be put in his place. So I abliged

LOL I have been anxious to beat a GT since I bought my car so I jumped on the opportunity. I pulled up beside him and dropped her into 3rd. I stomped it and he switched lanes to get behind me and we were off. He was hangin on but I was putting lengths on him slowly. I let off because he got caught up in traffic. When he got free we took off again. Same result. I slowly saw his car shrink in my rear view but i knew he was on it hard because of how slowly he was falling back. Most likely he had some mods because I reached 135 and he wasn't getting trounced as much as I thought at that speed.

The last time we went at it was set up perfectly. NO traffic and we were side by side at 65 or so...I honked three times and hit it. He didn't respond....Long after I let off he hit me with a ricer fly by. He knew he was done at that point.

The first kill and it was gooooood.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 08:03 AM

NICE KILL - I CAN'T WAIT FOR MY FIRST ONE. NOT EVEN A RICER THUS FAR HAS HINTED IN WANTING ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE GOAT.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Thats how I felt...then all of the sudden I had two kills in one night hahaha

I was like a kid in a candy store!

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 11:45 AM

Sweet buddy. Congrats.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-27-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanaGTO View Post
On the interstate coming home I ran into a guy in a gray stang. It was an 07 or 08...Had black racing stripes and the guy was driving like he needed to be put in his place. So I abliged

LOL I have been anxious to beat a GT since I bought my car so I jumped on the opportunity. I pulled up beside him and dropped her into 3rd. I stomped it and he switched lanes to get behind me and we were off. He was hangin on but I was putting lengths on him slowly. I let off because he got caught up in traffic. When he got free we took off again. Same result. I slowly saw his car shrink in my rear view but i knew he was on it hard because of how slowly he was falling back. Most likely he had some mods because I reached 135 and he wasn't getting trounced as much as I thought at that speed.

The last time we went at it was set up perfectly. NO traffic and we were side by side at 65 or so...I honked three times and hit it. He didn't respond....Long after I let off he hit me with a ricer fly by. He knew he was done at that point.

The first kill and it was gooooood.
Dude, why would you risk racing to 135MPH?

K&N FIPK | Borla Stinger Cat-Back | Bassani CATTED XPIPE | Fluidyne H/E | MM C/C Plates | Eibach Pro Lowering Kit | B&M STS | Whipple 2.3L | Accufab SBTB | Metco Idler Pulley | Spec Stage 2+ | DiabloSport MAFia | Ford GT Pumps
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-30-2008, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

I didnt realize I was even going that fast...till I started slowing and looked down. Im guessing thats about how fast I got up to. I was on a 5 lane highway with virutally NO traffic with the exception of two or three cars in a wolf pack. I cleared them and hit it!
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 08:38 PM

I got my 04 Goat 1 month ago. i have pulled up on 3 mustang gt's so far doing about 60. i keep the rpms up around 3500 to 4000 just to make them aware of my presence and to provoke just a little. i would drive side by side matching thier speed. they knew what i wanted but not one would bite. actually they acted like i was not even there. gee i guess i bought the first invisible GTO.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 08:49 PM

Check the date of this thread
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falco21 View Post
Check the date of this thread
[email protected]

Performance:230/232 .614 .602 114 cam,Kooks 1 3/4 headers/catted mids,Spintech,CSP ported intake/tb,UDP,tune by CSP.

Suspension:Pedders big bore shocks,GSR II struts,Lovells RR bushings,Kings 0 drop rears/20mm drop fronts.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 10:53 PM

Made me look.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in