First kill worth mentioning - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First kill worth mentioning

Everyone in my town apparently a a panzy. Only run I have been involved in since I got my 04 in 3 years. I have had a couple run'ins with a yellow cobalt ss in the last month or so. First time I was in my dad's 70 amx. Cobalt came up real fast to my 5 oclock and set there for a while after, I lost interest he gunned while I was caught wondering what he was trying to do. Second time I was in gto on lunch with my wife lots of cars around same situation. The other day I saw him doing the same thing to a gtp. I couldn't help myself I had to go see how fast he really was. The gtp pulled off to target before any racing happened. Before I could turn around to go home a pacifica pulled up and wanted me to go waste the cobalt because he thinks he is untouchable. I got up next to him around 50 and reved at him and nothing. He let off to my 5 oclock then gunned it again I was out of 2nd and in drive by then and he was 2 cars ahead before it shifted down. He pulled hard but I was slowly gaining on him and came up on some cars so I let off a little then the light ahead turned red while I was going 100 or so around a turn. He had no problem getting slowed down but I nearly lost it. My car must weigh a little more. Finally at a red light with this punk I gave it a little gas with the brake and when it turned green I had 4 cars on him before he knew what happened but he was staying with me better then I thought, by the time I was 135 either he gave up or ran out of rubber band. After I was almost home the pacifica caught up to tell me how bad a$$ that was and that the ss has a (stage 5). Whatever than means I haven't spoke grand tourismo for at least 8 years. Wish someone else would have the balls to race me every now and then.

some may say i have too many projects
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 01:32 AM

When they talk "stages" that is ricer speak for how far over stock they went with their supercharger or more often then not, turbocharger setup. Alot of car manufacturers actually make the stages themself and then you pay extra to have it put on. I know on Dodge SRT4s, they offer those kits. One stage is like a different tune and better cold air intake, another stage actually swaps in a bigger turbo, etc.

On the GM side, they just started offering a "stage kit" for the HHR SS, Cobalt SS, Pontiac Soltice GXP, and Saturn Sky Redline. It is a computer reflash and a bigger intake and gets them like 50 HP for only 300 bucks, hell of a deal. The best part is, the car is still under warranty. Hard telling what this Cobalt bonehead had. I got a guy at work with a Cobalt SS/turbo charged and talks sh*t behind my back all the time. Says he beats SRT8s and crap. I've bumped into him only once on the interstate on the way to work, and he acted like he didn't know I was there. Candy ass... And yes, those tinker toy junk Cobalts are TONS lighter then GTOs. That's why their weiner dog 260 hp gives them "respectable" performance. They only way 2900 pounds.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 08:43 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skapegoat View Post
Everyone in my town apparently a a panzy. Only run I have been involved in since I got my 04 in 3 years. I have had a couple run'ins with a yellow cobalt ss in the last month or so. First time I was in my dad's 70 amx. Cobalt came up real fast to my 5 oclock and set there for a while after, I lost interest he gunned while I was caught wondering what he was trying to do. Second time I was in gto on lunch with my wife lots of cars around same situation. The other day I saw him doing the same thing to a gtp. I couldn't help myself I had to go see how fast he really was. The gtp pulled off to target before any racing happened. Before I could turn around to go home a pacifica pulled up and wanted me to go waste the cobalt because he thinks he is untouchable. I got up next to him around 50 and reved at him and nothing. He let off to my 5 oclock then gunned it again I was out of 2nd and in drive by then and he was 2 cars ahead before it shifted down. He pulled hard but I was slowly gaining on him and came up on some cars so I let off a little then the light ahead turned red while I was going 100 or so around a turn. He had no problem getting slowed down but I nearly lost it. My car must weigh a little more. Finally at a red light with this punk I gave it a little gas with the brake and when it turned green I had 4 cars on him before he knew what happened but he was staying with me better then I thought, by the time I was 135 either he gave up or ran out of rubber band. After I was almost home the pacifica caught up to tell me how bad a$$ that was and that the ss has a (stage 5). Whatever than means I haven't spoke grand tourismo for at least 8 years. Wish someone else would have the balls to race me every now and then.
If a clown wants to race me and he takes off without a fair lineup then I don't waste my gas. The "manly" way to do it is, pull up next to me, do the "3 honks" (unless we're at a light) and let's see who's the fastest. Anything other than that doesn't warrant me wasting $3+ a gallon of my precious fuel.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyminpin View Post
When they talk "stages" that is ricer speak for how far over stock they went with their supercharger or more often then not, turbocharger setup. Alot of car manufacturers actually make the stages themself and then you pay extra to have it put on. I know on Dodge SRT4s, they offer those kits. One stage is like a different tune and better cold air intake, another stage actually swaps in a bigger turbo, etc.

On the GM side, they just started offering a "stage kit" for the HHR SS, Cobalt SS, Pontiac Soltice GXP, and Saturn Sky Redline. It is a computer reflash and a bigger intake and gets them like 50 HP for only 300 bucks, hell of a deal. The best part is, the car is still under warranty. Hard telling what this Cobalt bonehead had. I got a guy at work with a Cobalt SS/turbo charged and talks sh*t behind my back all the time. Says he beats SRT8s and crap. I've bumped into him only once on the interstate on the way to work, and he acted like he didn't know I was there. Candy ass... And yes, those tinker toy junk Cobalts are TONS lighter then GTOs. That's why their weiner dog 260 hp gives them "respectable" performance. They only way 2900 pounds.
My g/f is getting a HHR SS in the next few months. She wanted something fun but being a Nanny she needs practicle. TBSS was too much money and a tank and this is the next best thing. We are tring to hold out until year end so she can get the 0% 72 months. The stage 1 kit from GM is only 30HP but 90TQ. Kit is like $450 and was quoted about $100-200 for install. Thats alot of HP for $600 and without voiding your warrenty it is a hell of a deal! With the kit they are running mid 13s. They def aren't slouches.

2003 Corvette Z06 - MGW shifter, Corsa X pipe, Corsa Xtreme exhaust, Texas Speed long tubes w/o cats, PowerStop rotors/pads, Conti DWS tires, C6Z51 F&R sways, C5R headlights, tuned

04 GTO - sold
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 01:49 AM

I stand corrected on my numbers of hp and price. I didn't have my magazine in front of me at the time. Or maybe I did and just couldn't find it, I subscribe to 6 of the damn things. I just knew that, as you said, it was a hell of a deal for the price when you looked at the gains you got.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 01:56 AM

The stage kits for the lsj s/c 2.0 04-07 put out way different numbers than the stage kits for the lnf tubo 2.0 08-10

<-- Guess which ones quicker?.....Nope! Not even close.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in