First Loss - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 01:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First Loss

I was on HWY 270 East near Edwardsville IL when a guy in a 2000 ish WS6 pulled up next to me at about 65. We did three runs from 65 to about 115 and I got nosed out every time, less that a quarter of a length. I could tell he had exhaust, and had the pillar gauges. anyone have any expierence with a stock WS6 that could give me a base line of what this guy may have had?
I drive an 05 6 MT completely stock at the time.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 02:37 AM

what's wrong with you boys and the ws6's? i drove a 02 ws6 and it didn't feel all that impressive compared to my goat. just remember these car are around and mods for them are easy and cheap. they have a solid axle we don't. good luck next time. get some mods and be prepared. win some lose some
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 06:06 AM

Koman's right. Mods come alot easier and cheaper (and there are more available) for the F-bodies.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEARL JAM View Post
Koman's right. Mods come alot easier and cheaper (and there are more available) for the F-bodies.
And being 300-or so pounds lighter doesn't hurt either.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameiswazy View Post
I was on HWY 270 East near Edwardsville IL when a guy in a 2000 ish WS6 pulled up next to me at about 65. We did three runs from 65 to about 115 and I got nosed out every time, less that a quarter of a length. I could tell he had exhaust, and had the pillar gauges. anyone have any expierence with a stock WS6 that could give me a base line of what this guy may have had?
I drive an 05 6 MT completely stock at the time.
Thanks
He probably had a head/cam package. Most LS1 F-bodies get that or a nitrous kit. Every once in awhile you will run across some that are supercharged or twin turboed. Sounds like its time to mod yours.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02MillenniumVette View Post
He probably had a head/cam package. Most LS1 F-bodies get that or a nitrous kit. Every once in awhile you will run across some that are supercharged or twin turboed. Sounds like its time to mod yours.
I was thinking he had at least a cam. I have never heard before or since a T/A that sounded like that one. As far as mods go, I have installed the Brute Force CAI, and as soon as the fundage allows, a Corsa Touring Cat back is planned along with a short throw shifter. Any other relatively inexpensive mods that will net some sort of power?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2007, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameiswazy View Post
I was thinking he had at least a cam. I have never heard before or since a T/A that sounded like that one. As far as mods go, I have installed the Brute Force CAI, and as soon as the fundage allows, a Corsa Touring Cat back is planned along with a short throw shifter. Any other relatively inexpensive mods that will net some sort of power?
Depends on what your term of inexpensive is. I would also suggest getting headers, cam, and a good tune. That and what you are planning on getting will make some good power.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02MillenniumVette View Post

If that WS-6 had a head/cam combo, it would've destroyed the Goat. Sorry, just the way it is. He prolly just had a few minor bolt-ons. It's a drivers race stock for stock.......
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scg87 View Post
If that WS-6 had a head/cam combo, it would've destroyed the Goat. Sorry, just the way it is. He prolly just had a few minor bolt-ons. It's a drivers race stock for stock.......
I had an 02 and an 01 LS1 Z28. 1 was a stick and the other an auto. It takes a lid and a catback for the LS1 F-body to equal a GTO. That comes from owning both. If you put headers on the F-body it's a winner, but close. Add gears which most do and the GTO is in trouble.

Stock for stock though the LS1 F-body is a few tenths behind.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
I had an 02 and an 01 LS1 Z28. 1 was a stick and the other an auto. It takes a lid and a catback for the LS1 F-body to equal a GTO. That comes from owning both. If you put headers on the F-body it's a winner, but close. Add gears which most do and the GTO is in trouble.

Stock for stock though the LS1 F-body is a few tenths behind.
I didnt get a chance to talk to the guy because he and his girlfriend were too busy laughing at me and they took the next exit off the highway. I guess I was just irritated that I got beat by such a small margin, and that car sounded very mean. Almost pissed off!
There is always next time I guess...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in