First Real Race In My New Car. - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First Real Race In My New Car.

Let me first state that I have always liked the GTO, old and new. I am GM for life and any thing that is made in America.
In July I bought my dream car, 07 C6 M6. Since my purchase I have only been home a total of 4 weeks and the car has under 2k miles (thats with me trying to drive it as much as possible). Nothing has challenged me other than a new Monte SS (that was not much a race).
A couple a weeks ago I had my first (what I would consider) real race with a GTO 6L when I went to Dallas for the weekend. We were on the freeway with light traffic doing about 60-65 ish. He pulls up next to me gives me a rev and then does the 3 honk deal. We did this 3 times, each time I slap it into 2nd and pulled a car on him before I shut it down. Too much traffic to go very fast. The guy was cool, gave me a thumbs up and I returned it. Then he pointed to his car and gave it a thumbs down, I shook my head in disagreement and pointed to his car and gave it a thumbs up. Next he took off and I got to hear his exhaust. Loved the sound it made.
You guy have some nice cars. Like I said, big fan of the GTO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 09:14 PM

Can't win them all. Same guts, lighter car, not sure about the GTO drivers skill... Thanks for the respectful post!!!:

Last edited by EEZ GOAT; 11-02-2007 at 12:35 PM. Reason: spelling
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 11:14 AM

After lookin at your car I have 2 things that I desperately need to warn you against doing.

1) Do not ever take your car to Walmart. Even if you are going to be in there for only 5 minutes and it's after 9:30 with little traffic there, don't do it.

2) If you ever make it to Florida, don't go into a Publix grocery store. Especially one in Eustis Florida. There are 2 in Eustis, I'm not going to say which one, just avoid them.

In all seriousness, NICE CAR!!!!!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upheval View Post
Let me first state that I have always liked the GTO, old and new. I am GM for life and any thing that is made in America.
In July I bought my dream car, 07 C6 M6. Since my purchase I have only been home a total of 4 weeks and the car has under 2k miles (thats with me trying to drive it as much as possible). Nothing has challenged me other than a new Monte SS (that was not much a race).
A couple a weeks ago I had my first (what I would consider) real race with a GTO 6L when I went to Dallas for the weekend. We were on the freeway with light traffic doing about 60-65 ish. He pulls up next to me gives me a rev and then does the 3 honk deal. We did this 3 times, each time I slap it into 2nd and pulled a car on him before I shut it down. Too much traffic to go very fast. The guy was cool, gave me a thumbs up and I returned it. Then he pointed to his car and gave it a thumbs down, I shook my head in disagreement and pointed to his car and gave it a thumbs up. Next he took off and I got to hear his exhaust. Loved the sound it made.
You guy have some nice cars. Like I said, big fan of the GTO.
If both cars were stock, the outcome was what I'd expect. I've always been a GM guy too. Well, that's when it comes to sports cars. I do have a '04 Maxima as my daily driver. Your post just shows that 2 guys can have a run and no matter who loses both guys are cool with the results. Good post and welcome to the forum.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 12:37 PM

Welcome to the GTO forum. All cool people are welcome. Great color on the Vette..Enjoy

2006 Cyclone M/T..K&N CAI.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
welcome. i cant get any c6 vettes to give me a go. most are women or they are in the 50's
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 06:48 PM

i have the same problem with mustangs around here in so cal
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-06-2007, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

The only time it seems that anyone wants to play is when the weather is bad or the traffic is heavy. Any other time is seems no one wants to run. The other problem is that since I have bought the car, I have only been home for 3 weeks. It sits in a garage under a car cover until I get back from Norway which will not be until Christmas.
About a year ago I actually came pretty close to buying a GTO but I was not done paying on the SS yet is the only reason I did not do it.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 07:55 AM

Quote:
i have the same problem with mustangs around here in so cal
Closest to California was going to San Antonio a couple of years back. But...if you'll put me up in one your fancier hotels for a few days and feed me...I might come out there...take in the sites...and we can test our cars out. Is there a track nearby? I'll bring the Mickeys...lol

06GT, 76mm turbo @ 22 lbs boost, stroker built motor, 4r70w, alcohol inj sys

old times before recent engine rebuild and new power mods
10.0 @ 136

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in