First and second kills (SRT-4 Stage II & Mustang) - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First and second kills (SRT-4 Stage II & Mustang)

Well after waiting nearly 3 months for the Impulse Blue/Blue/6M arrive it has taken long to let the ricers know a new sheriff is in town!

After the 500 mile break in, I have to admit it I went lookin for the local tuner crowd. They continuely ride past my house and rev the fart cans up, hoping I am going to pull the Buick out and play! At the price of gas and not many serious challenges here locally (many widespread if I went lookin) the low 10 second V6 stays inside most of the time!

So on my way there I meet up with a 2002-2004 Mustang GT who is in front of me on the two lane, reving it like he had no idea what was behind him. He pulls out on the highway immediatley takes the fast lane and stands on it, I knew what was coming I take the slow lane and take off! He never knew what hit him, I went past him like he was standing still and I didn't back off till I was sure he knew he had been eaten alive. I spotted him at least 2 car lengths and the jump and if I didn't have 10 on him by the time he jumped in the turning lane to make a fast escape, I had 12! Thanks for my first rush!

SO now I am warmed up and I pull into the local tuner hang out, several of the decent guys, quickly approach and issue the compliments of how nice the goat is. Then I am immediatley asked you want to race that thing, my ears light up. I get out and have about as intelligent conversation as can be had with this crew and ask "who has the fastest car here?" Well that would be Todd, but you do not want any of him, he has a stage 2 srt with spray, and it is the fastest car around. "Well your probably right but let's see how many he beats me by, and then I will know how many mods I will need" I reply. I am only going to race once though as I do not want to beat on such a new car I tell them.

So Todd fires up his Monster red SRT4 pops his trunk does something in the back, I assume opening up the bottle, and to the light we go. In this part of a little redneck town is one traffic light with about a 2 mile straight away with the 1320 foot mark painted on the highway. This is were I grew up racing this light for years. Many big money races go down here, as we do not have a local police force and the state police our about 20 miles away. You go on green and you race from a dig to the 1320 mark period, no rolling start just a green light and 1320 feet.

This light is a thousand one thousand two count from red in the opposite direction before it goes green, I have known that for years. Light goes red in opposite direction I count and go immediatly on green, I feather the clutch with minimum wheel spin, and I am gone, SRT boy way slow to react sumps the clutch and is spinning like an idiot, he never had a chance. He never got near me, with me pulling him at leat two out the hole, because he is spinning and he reacted slow and by the end of the 1320 I would say I had him by 5.

Mission accomplised, I return back to the scene and hear every excuse in the book, bad holeshot, had a problem with my ntirous, spun the tires, blah, blah blah. Now I leave with a smile and my first two kills in the Goat!
golfshaftguys is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 09:08 PM
 
fergyflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Eustis Fl.
Posts: 3,445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Excellent!!!!

Feed the Goat well and she will repay you a thousand times over.
fergyflyer is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-22-2005, 10:11 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ever see a goat eat a wild mustang in real life before? Well ever since early 2004 there have been a lot of reports and witnesses of this happening for some reason....
RiceEater is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 10:13 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfshaftguys
Well after waiting nearly 3 months for the Impulse Blue/Blue/6M arrive it has taken long to let the ricers know a new sheriff is in town!

After the 500 mile break in, I have to admit it I went lookin for the local tuner crowd. They continuely ride past my house and rev the fart cans up, hoping I am going to pull the Buick out and play! At the price of gas and not many serious challenges here locally (many widespread if I went lookin) the low 10 second V6 stays inside most of the time!

So on my way there I meet up with a 2002-2004 Mustang GT who is in front of me on the two lane, reving it like he had no idea what was behind him. He pulls out on the highway immediatley takes the fast lane and stands on it, I knew what was coming I take the slow lane and take off! He never knew what hit him, I went past him like he was standing still and I didn't back off till I was sure he knew he had been eaten alive. I spotted him at least 2 car lengths and the jump and if I didn't have 10 on him by the time he jumped in the turning lane to make a fast escape, I had 12! Thanks for my first rush!

SO now I am warmed up and I pull into the local tuner hang out, several of the decent guys, quickly approach and issue the compliments of how nice the goat is. Then I am immediatley asked you want to race that thing, my ears light up. I get out and have about as intelligent conversation as can be had with this crew and ask "who has the fastest car here?" Well that would be Todd, but you do not want any of him, he has a stage 2 srt with spray, and it is the fastest car around. "Well your probably right but let's see how many he beats me by, and then I will know how many mods I will need" I reply. I am only going to race once though as I do not want to beat on such a new car I tell them.

So Todd fires up his Monster red SRT4 pops his trunk does something in the back, I assume opening up the bottle, and to the light we go. In this part of a little redneck town is one traffic light with about a 2 mile straight away with the 1320 foot mark painted on the highway. This is were I grew up racing this light for years. Many big money races go down here, as we do not have a local police force and the state police our about 20 miles away. You go on green and you race from a dig to the 1320 mark period, no rolling start just a green light and 1320 feet.

This light is a thousand one thousand two count from red in the opposite direction before it goes green, I have known that for years. Light goes red in opposite direction I count and go immediatly on green, I feather the clutch with minimum wheel spin, and I am gone, SRT boy way slow to react sumps the clutch and is spinning like an idiot, he never had a chance. He never got near me, with me pulling him at leat two out the hole, because he is spinning and he reacted slow and by the end of the 1320 I would say I had him by 5.

Mission accomplised, I return back to the scene and hear every excuse in the book, bad holeshot, had a problem with my ntirous, spun the tires, blah, blah blah. Now I leave with a smile and my first two kills in the Goat!
Nice kills! BTW, go back and find the SRT-4 and run him from a 40 roll...... then post back the results....... if you beat him then I'm impressed, running a high h.p. fwd car on the street from a start is the easiest thing to do, no matter what they won't hook and you'll kill 'em by a few car lengths and then they have to play catch up. BTW, don't think I'm trying to rain on your parade, I thinks it's awesome you beat em.... especially the 'stang!!
GTODEALER is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GTODealer, my policy is racing from a dig, but when I get a chance I will go run him from a 40 MPH roll, just to see what happens. I just grew up racing from a dig and running a 1/4 and shutting it down, I guess the NHRA in me says that is what a race is, I am a little old school and not from the Fast and Furious generation. I know in certain cirmcumstances that is not possible, just like the mustang who was my first vic! However if I am asking anybody to race it is the 1/4 mile from a dig.

Same thing will hold true when the STi in town is ready to run, if he beats me throught the 1/4 then I lose, I won't ask him to go from a roll, where we all know he won't have a chance.

I do know this I test drove pretty much everything on the planet under 60K and I picked the Goat, I am really happy now that I did, this thing is Bad Azz!
golfshaftguys is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 03:11 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfshaftguys
GTODealer, my policy is racing from a dig, but when I get a chance I will go run him from a 40 MPH roll, just to see what happens. I just grew up racing from a dig and running a 1/4 and shutting it down, I guess the NHRA in me says that is what a race is, I am a little old school and not from the Fast and Furious generation. I know in certain cirmcumstances that is not possible, just like the mustang who was my first vic! However if I am asking anybody to race it is the 1/4 mile from a dig.

Same thing will hold true when the STi in town is ready to run, if he beats me throught the 1/4 then I lose, I won't ask him to go from a roll, where we all know he won't have a chance.

I do know this I test drove pretty much everything on the planet under 60K and I picked the Goat, I am really happy now that I did, this thing is Bad Azz!
I agree about these cars.... they are awesome! I fail to see why you mention the "Fast and the Furious" crowd when even in the movie they ran from a dig. I'm old school to an extent, and that is you can't always run from a dig, however my old SRT-4 went 12.5's @ 118 with a 1.9 60ft on slicks! I had simple bolt on mods and no bottle.... I guess all I'm trying to say is be careful you don't get your hopes up and get outran by a $20k Neon sedan..... it will definetly piss you off. I look forward to more conversing with you and please don't take this as bagging on you, hell, I have a GTO to you know!
GTODEALER is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GTODealer no offense at all taken! The Fast and Furious crowd ran from a dig to huh? You see that I learn something new everyday!

No denying your SRT was fast or that there are not others, hell I lost to a chevette the last time I had my Buick at the track. That is not a typo either it was a 9.94 1/4 mile chevette not corvette. Anything can go fast with enough cash. Just think what someone can do with that same 20K on the neon and buy a, dare I say old mustang for about 3K and put 17K in it?

When I lose to a Neon sedan or Impreza, or anything else, then I will back the Buick out of the Garage, head back to the scene and say now let's try this again! 10.28 at 137 MPH should handle it most of the time, unless I am racing a chevette I guess!

So here's to you GTODealer you reformed SRT owner you, many a good conversations in the future!
golfshaftguys is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 04:07 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 3,541
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfshaftguys
GTODealer no offense at all taken! The Fast and Furious crowd ran from a dig to huh? You see that I learn something new everyday!

No denying your SRT was fast or that there are not others, hell I lost to a chevette the last time I had my Buick at the track. That is not a typo either it was a 9.94 1/4 mile chevette not corvette. Anything can go fast with enough cash. Just think what someone can do with that same 20K on the neon and buy a, dare I say old mustang for about 3K and put 17K in it?

When I lose to a Neon sedan or Impreza, or anything else, then I will back the Buick out of the Garage, head back to the scene and say now let's try this again! 10.28 at 137 MPH should handle it most of the time, unless I am racing a chevette I guess!

So here's to you GTODealer you reformed SRT owner you, many a good conversations in the future!
HOLY SH*T THAT'S A FAST CHEVETTE!! to you too!
GTODEALER is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2005, 05:49 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 356
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice kills!

Speaking of fast econo-cars, check this place out: http://www.thedodgegarage.com/ 10 second K-car
Camshaft is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks Camshaft

Camshaft thanks! That is sick! If I had my doors blown off by that I would really big scratchin my head talking to myself. It looks like a run of the mill K car! The sound would give it away but by looking you have no idea what kind of hurt that thing is about to unleash upon you!

At least the Chevette that blew my doors off was tubbed out and tires closer in size to John Force, then a standard chevette. The roll cage was a little give away to!

Beware the K Car!
golfshaftguys is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome