Got b*tch-slapped by a 911 Turbo! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Got b*tch-slapped by a 911 Turbo!

I was cruising South on I35, MMOB in the far right lane. In the distance I spot a Porsche in my rear view coming up fast, weaving through some moderately thick traffic. When he gets close to me, he slows down and paces me for a little bit. I wasn't really in the mood, plus rush-hour traffic was starting, so I didn't react. He pulls on ahead, but still hangs around me, allowing a gap to appear in front of him. I know what he's trying to do, so I said "what da hey". I dropped down to 4th and floored her. Just as I suspected, he punches it and walks the living sh*t outt'a me. All I could do is just smile! Latter we end up side-by-side, and I look over at the guy, some dark shades wearin.....young rich kid lookin mo-fo, prolly a celebrity's son. I give him a "What's Up" nod, and he grins and punches it again, the car sounding like some Jolly Green Giant's Hoover vacuum. It had to have had 'bout 25psi of boost or something, the way it took off. He made it look like I was driving a Sentra or a Suzuki Swift!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 06:04 PM

Don't feel bad, I got walked a couple of weeks ago by a beat up Mazda Miata with a non-OEM rear fascia/tail pipe with the ass end still in primer with a giant tube running from the back right bottom side of the car to the front left side, must've been turboed or supered out the ass, maybe nitrous too, who knows. That's what makes it fun, you never know till you hammer down.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I remember your thread. Its funny how you think your car is somewhat fast, then some beast humbles you. Suddenly, the s.o.t.p. dyno gets a major recalibration!

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 09:44 PM

Shouldn't be to suprised. The 911 turbo is a legit 11 second car. Get some boost of your own and go looking for a rematch.

SRT-4 Stage 3
[email protected],
Best trap 120.60
Best sixty 1.68
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 10:30 PM

Hey dont feel too bad I hear Suzukis come with a great warranty!!! I got slapped like a red headed stepchild by a Ferrari before......it is comforting to know that your car costs 1/4 of what his does. Good news is you can put 6k in your car and probably wipe the grin off his face......but how many of us just have 6k layin around???
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 09:32 AM

A 911 Turbo is a $120,000.00 car now. I would not feel bad at all. In fact I would fell honored that he wanted to race you. He would only challenge you if he felt the GTO was even worth the race. Nice job

2006 Cyclone M/T..K&N CAI.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATTEE View Post
A 911 Turbo is a $120,000.00 car now. I would not feel bad at all. In fact I would fell honored that he wanted to race you. He would only challenge you if he felt the GTO was even worth the race. Nice job
That's what I was thinking also.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlekawa View Post
Hey dont feel too bad I hear Suzukis come with a great warranty!!! I got slapped like a red headed stepchild by a Ferrari before......it is comforting to know that your car costs 1/4 of what his does. Good news is you can put 6k in your car and probably wipe the grin off his face......but how many of us just have 6k layin around???
If things pan out with a house I'm trying to sell, I might have some more funny money to play with.........
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 03:26 PM

Man I hope the market in Texas is better than CA otherwise you, like many others, might find yourself upside down. lol EEEEKK Burnake in the house!!!!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Unfortunately, it's in California.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in