Got My *$$ Handed To Me - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Got My *$$ Handed To Me

My co-worker and I was on our way to pick up my work truck which is an International 4200. I was heading down RT 12 toward 2A and was being tallgated by Yamaha motorcycle. I told my friend to look behind me and check out the motorcycle. He said it was a Yamaha R1 which has 1000cc's and weighed about 350lbs. (He knows motorcycles and I don't). As I was comming to the turning lane to go onto 2A, the Yahama goes around me and cuts back in front of me. So now we are sitting at the light waiting for it to turn green. I reach up and turn the a/c off and my friend braces himself. The light turns green and we make the turn. We both jump on it and I guess he missed a shift because I saw his hand slip and I almost crawled up his *$$. The guy on the Yamaha quickly corrected his mistake and pops a wheelie and takes off like a bat out of hell. I hung with him for about 1.5 seconds and he started pulling away like I was standing still. Once I reached 100 mph, I took my foot off the gas pedal and slowed down. I am still in complete awe. I have never raced a motorcycle before and I have never been beaten like that before. My friend told me that those Yamahas can get up to 160mph real quick. I will never race one again.

2004 Pontiac GTO Impulse Blue M6
Custom Tune by RunninWithTheDevil
304 rwhp 335 rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah, you should have known better. But even if you knew before hand what that bike would do, it's still cool to witness the power and speed of other vehicles out there. I know there is no way in Hades, my stock goat can out perform the new ZO6. But I'll still try to egg the driver on just to see how fast the Z06 really is.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 07:54 PM

My friend has one of those bikes. It is very quick! He also has a Pontiac Sunfire.. which is why he got the bike

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goat
My friend has one of those bikes. It is very quick! He also has a Pontiac Sunfire.. which is why he got the bike
That thing was quick. I did everything I could to keep up. My foot was to the floor and was shifting the gears as fast as I could.

304 rwhp 335 rwtq
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Check out this thread I started if you want to see a bike get blazed by a 300 hp car.

https://www.gtoforum.com/showthread.p...3996#post33996

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 09:30 PM

Bluegoat......What were you thinkin?

Even a mid-sized bike has a power to weight ratio that no car can match. The big Japanese superbikes will make you look like you're standing still as you found out.

On the other hand, in the GTO you don't have to pick the bugs off your face at the end of a drive.
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-22-2005, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing_Nut

Even a mid-sized bike has a power to weight ratio that no car can match. The big Japanese superbikes will make you look like you're standing still as you found out.

On the other hand, in the GTO you don't have to pick the bugs off your face at the end of a drive.
I knew I would get beat, but not like that. It makes me wonder if a bike like that can be beat by a car.

304 rwhp 335 rwtq
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 01:04 AM

In high end A bike will never beat a car, The big bikes run the mid 8's and you can build a car for less that will stomp that. The drag cooeficiency kills bikes at high speed.
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolman
In high end A bike will never beat a car, The big bikes run the mid 8's and you can build a car for less that will stomp that. The drag cooeficiency kills bikes at high speed.

Umm ok. See my other post about being misinformed about bikes.

Most bikes are racing bikes and are set up for speeds below 160mph because most tracks are not big enough to get higher than that. A 1000CC bike will rip the hell out of most cars top end, but it is not geared past 180.. ask me how I know what the revlimter will get you in 6th gear on an R1. A hayabusa though can do over 200mph (but is factory limited now).

The other thing. A bike can do an 8 and still run a track. A car that runs 8's cant. Ohh and I can get a new bike in the 8's for a lot less than anyone can get ANY new car into the 8s.

I don't know where you are getting your info and bias against bikes from, but you should go take a MSF course and ride a little bit. They are great machines, a real blast. While the are fast, they aren't built for the 1/4, they are built to turn. And while there are cars that can beat bikes, they are cars that are purpose built racers.

But all of that is beside the point anyways. We bike guys ride bikes because we want to go out and have fun. To hit corners and feel blazing acceleration. To be free and feel one with the machine. I could have a car that ran 3's in the 1/4 and I would still rather be riding my bike. There is just nothing like it.
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 09-23-2005, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing_Nut

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in