Great Track Day!!! VIR - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Great Track Day!!! VIR

Hey Guys.... Well I took my car to the track for the first time to see what it will do stock. My car is 2 weeks old. Porsche was sponsoring a 3 day event at VIR. (road course) Only 2 American cars there A Z06 and I. Well let me just say 90% of all the Porsche guy really liked the car. They were all really surprised to see how well the car did. I mean she still has stock tires!! Played with a M3 w/SMG that was really fun. The car just has tons of power. I was so proud of her she did so well. These guys have 50 - 120k+ cars and are coming over to look at my car. Wow what a feeling. Everyone just loved how the car sounded and ran. Well let me shut up. Here are some pics... Not sure if a yahoo link will work but here is goes...

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/speedg...dgtp/my_photos

http://photobucket.com/albums/y220/Copbait/

Last edited by CopBait; 05-16-2005 at 08:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 02:42 PM

Nice pics! Congrats on your new goat. Maybe I'll see ya around, I'm down in Greensboro.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 08:01 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Link works great. Thanks for sharing the photos.

VIR is one of the few tracks I really want to drive that I haven't. I almost managed to instruct at a DE with the Mazda club there in March, but the timing fell apart at the last minute for me. Oh well. There will be other DEs at other tracks.

Did you have any troubles? Common Vette issues:
- Tranny high temp warning
- High coolant temp
- High oil temp

I would check the tires and pads. They get beat up at DEs. Also suggest you change the oil and filter if your oil temp spent much time over 250.

My personal fluid change intervals for track use:
- Oil and filter - about four track days
- Tranny fluid and diff fluid - about eight track days

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdriver
Welcome to the forum.

Link works great. Thanks for sharing the photos.

VIR is one of the few tracks I really want to drive that I haven't. I almost managed to instruct at a DE with the Mazda club there in March, but the timing fell apart at the last minute for me. Oh well. There will be other DEs at other tracks.

Did you have any troubles? Common Vette issues:
- Tranny high temp warning
- High coolant temp
- High oil temp

I would check the tires and pads. They get beat up at DEs. Also suggest you change the oil and filter if your oil temp spent much time over 250.

My personal fluid change intervals for track use:
- Oil and filter - about four track days
- Tranny fluid and diff fluid - about eight track days
Thanks for the welcome.. I had no problems at all. Ran very good. My only mods were a fresh oil change , Race fluid and carbotech panther + pads. I had 0 brake fade. I did back to back 130 - 20 braking and it stopped great. I used about 70-80% of the race pads in 3 days. Just bled the brakes and put stock pads back on. Everything looked great. Well if you ever go up let me know I go all the time, I love it up there!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 10:27 PM

i wish i would have known about that at VIR. i live about and hour or so from there. is there any more events where you can drive out on the tack. i would love to take my 05 m6 torrid red out there....
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgoat
i wish i would have known about that at VIR. i live about and hour or so from there. is there any more events where you can drive out on the tack. i would love to take my 05 m6 torrid red out there....
Here is a great link to a web site... Check this out... http://www.trackschedule.com
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopBait
Here is a great link to a web site... Check this out... http://www.trackschedule.com

I was going to post the same link.

That site really is a great compilation of driver's education events in the east/southeast. Wish they would exand farther west where I am headed. I've found nothing similar for out there...

For those considering driver's eduction events, beware. It will start with simple "mods" like oil changes and Carbotech pads... then it will be a harness bar and six point belt... then wider wheels and R compound tires... and before you know it, driver's education events won't be enough to satisfy you... you'll have a roll cage in the car and end up where I am...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in