LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
A GTO National Anthem

Well.........Here I am down at the Delaware shore Tuesday 8/2. I approach a twin lane of traffic that is stopped. I am in the left lane, and I notice on my right a Black 03 or 04' black Mustang. I pull up aside him, the A/C blasting away. I guess he hears my exhaust so he floors his.... revving it up, and down, up, and down all the while at a standstill. I look at my wife and we laugh at him. Another pretender to the throne ...

Well the light changes, and just as the traffic in his lane pulls away, he gooses it and fish tales, nearly rear ends the car in front of him. Good thing he didn't have 400 horses cause if he had, he'd a decorated the car in front of him with goat cheese...

As my lane pulls ahead of his, I put on my signal to make a L hand turn... I can see him just behind me to the right.. So I could not resist to say goodbye to him with a blast of the GTO National Anthem coming from the duel duels.

I could sense he wanted to play as he went by me flooring it as he went his way and I went mine. I was a good boy that day........

I was disappointed I did not see any other GTO's down at the shore that day. I thought for sure I'd see a few. I kept looking and looking but didn't see a one.

On the drive down My wife wanted to stop in at a Pontiac dealer in Elkton MD. She seen some goats in the lot. So we pulled in and looked around..... 2 yellows and a red, all A4's. I have to say.... I did not care for yellow one's in the pics. But man in person...... the Yellow one's rock. They are really really sharp. I'm a fan of yellow now. Super looking.

I happened to see a gal walking around, I mentioned to my wife OUTLOUD how ugly the GTO's are, so ugly in fact I bought one. This gal says she bought one too. We began chatting. Here I got to meet a fellow forum member as she was waiting for her car to be serviced.
>> SpunkyRacer<< spunky. Nice finally meeting one of ya's Maybe I'll find another one lurking around other Pontiac lots.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want a yellow GTO bad enough to sell my kidney on eBay.

GTO National Antem...I love it!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 11:32 PM

Just think how good the goat would sound with headers and a flowmaster.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 06:29 AM

I live in WC, PA but work in DE. I get down to the beach as often as possible but not since I've had the Goat. You're right, there are very little GTO's around here (I like it that way) except for a few 04's and one 05 that I've seen.

Mustangs are like white on rice around here. Booooooooooooorrrring!!! Not one has stepped up to the plate yet either. I cant say I blame them
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 10:44 AM

"GTO National Anthem." Nice. I sang a verse from that tune yesterday.

There's this cool old guy, Ken, who patrols our work parking lot in an electric golf cart. I've known him a few years, and he and I talk cars sometimes.

Someone here at work has just bought a metallic red Dodge Charger with a hemi. She doesn't drive it every day, but she did yesterday. I was returning from lunch with a co-worker when I spotted the Charger woman--also returning from lunch--emerging from her car. Two female co-workers were getting out along with her, and all three looked at my GTO as I slowed to take my usual parking spot (you see it in my avatar--end of the row, wheels straddling the line). I'm not sure they even knew what kind of car I have.

Just ahead of me was good ol' Ken in his golf cart. He knew I was following him, so he slowed down deliberately just to be a goofball. Naturally, I gave the throttle three good blips.

Those three women still may not have known what I was driving, but I hope the "Anthem" gave them pause.

As for Ken, he waited until I got out and asked if I'd seen the Charger. I grinned and confided, "I could take her."

"Are you sure?" he asked. I think he'd been impressed by the "hemi" badge.

I nodded. "She's down 60 horsepower from me and she's saddled with about 400 extra pounds." Then we talked about classic two-door Chargers and agreed it was a shame the new one hadn't followed suit.

In the days to come, I plan to look for more similarly tasteful, mature ways to sneak in a few parking lot choruses of the Anthem. Should be fun!

Last edited by GM Kid; 08-05-2005 at 10:47 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Kid

There's this cool old guy, Ken, who patrols our work parking lot in an electric golf cart. I've known him a few years, and he and I talk cars sometimes.

Someone here at work has just bought a metallic red Dodge Charger with a hemi. She doesn't drive it every day, but she did yesterday. I was returning from lunch with a co-worker when I spotted the Charger woman--also returning from lunch--emerging from her car. Two female co-workers were getting out along with her, and all three looked at my GTO as I slowed to take my usual parking spot (you see it in my avatar--end of the row, wheels straddling the line). I'm not sure they even knew what kind of car I have.

Just ahead of me was good ol' Ken in his golf cart. He knew I was following him, so he slowed down deliberately just to be a goofball. Naturally, I gave the throttle three good blips.

Those three women still may not have known what I was driving, but I hope the "Anthem" gave them pause.

As for Ken, he waited until I got out and asked if I'd seen the Charger. I grinned and confided, "I could take her."

I nodded. "She's down 60 horsepower from me and she's saddled with about 400 extra pounds." Then we talked about classic two-door Chargers and agreed it was a shame the new one hadn't followed suit.

In the days to come, I plan to look for more similarly tasteful, mature ways to sneak in a few parking lot choruses of the Anthem. Should be fun!
On Aug 4 My wife and I drove up to a dealership that had an 05' Jeep Liberty in the showroom that was to be raffled off. It benefited Rely for Life Cancer Society. So being my wife is involved with raising money for the Cancer Society, I went along.

Sitting on a pad just outside the showroom under roof was a black Charger. So, being the inquisitve person I am I went outside to check it out. As I reentered the showroom a woman mentioned to another woman how much she liked the Charger.

I too am highly upset at the fact Dodge gave re-birth to one of the most recogonizable, beloved muscle cars ever built..With its rendition of of why abortion clinics get bombed....

I could not resist, in a somewhat not so quiet response ......IT'S AN ABORTION. an ABOMOLATION TO THE CHARGER HERITAGE.

www.gtoaa.org

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Kid

On Aug 4 My wife and I drove up to a Dodge/Chrysler dealership that had an 05' Jeep Liberty in the showroom that was to be raffled off. It benefited Rely for Life Cancer Society. So being my wife is involved with raising money for the Cancer Society, I went along.

Sitting on a pad just outside the showroom under roof was a black Charger. So, being the inquisitive person I am I went outside to check it out. As I re-entered the showroom a woman mentioned to another woman how much she liked the Charger, etc.etc.

(I too am highly upset at the fact Dodge gave re-birth to one of the most recognizable, beloved muscle cars ever built..With its rendition of why abortion clinics get bombed....)

I could not resist, in a somewhat not so quiet response ......IT'S AN ABORTION. an ABOMOLATION TO THE CHARGER NAME, and HERITAGE. With that my wife high tailed it for a corner away from me, expecting a confrontation with Dodge sales people. I went over and told her It's not my fault Dodge burped out this specimen they call Charger. She just shook her head in a I don't know this guy manner.

The woman that made the statement how much she like the car is a typical woman who goes by looks and not what the car is truly about. My wife stopped me from giving her a brief overview of what a True Dodge Charger WAS.

At any rate... I took notice of many of the sales people training their eyes on the GTO sitting in a parking space close to this Charger, quietly murmuring to themselves. When looking at these cars side by side..... Anyone that knows anything about cars knows which car is the King of Muscle.

We didn't win the Jeep Liberty.... So as I was leaving... I said..... Well dear, I guess we'll just have to go home in a GTO. With that we was gone.

The Anthem played as we departed Chargersville.

www.gtoaa.org

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO judge
On Aug 4 My wife and I drove up to a dealership that had an 05' Jeep Liberty in the showroom that was to be raffled off. It benefited Rely for Life Cancer Society. So being my wife is involved with raising money for the Cancer Society, I went along.

Sitting on a pad just outside the showroom under roof was a black Charger. So, being the inquisitve person I am I went outside to check it out. As I reentered the showroom a woman mentioned to another woman how much she liked the Charger.

I too am highly upset at the fact Dodge gave re-birth to one of the most recogonizable, beloved muscle cars ever built..With its rendition of of why abortion clinics get bombed....

I could not resist, in a somewhat not so quiet response ......IT'S AN ABORTION. an ABOMOLATION TO THE CHARGER HERITAGE.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS DISREGARD THIS POST. i HAVE NO IDEA WHY IT POSTED BEFORE I WAS FINISHED WITH IT. MUST BE GREMLINS........... ACTUAL POST FOLLOWS

www.gtoaa.org

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 06:47 PM

I always play the anthem when I leave work. The main shop is a metal pole building and the sound of 1st at 20-25 mph just echos so nice off the hollow steel. Everyone inside knows when fergy has left the building.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer
I always play the anthem when I leave work. The main shop is a metal pole building and the sound of 1st at 20-25 mph just echos so nice off the hollow steel. Everyone inside knows when fergy has left the building.

Ya gotta love the anthem played in the key of >>>>what iz dat?<<<<

www.gtoaa.org

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in