GTO street Racing - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 01:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GTO street Racing

OK, ive been reading some current post, and ive notice that a lot of GTO owners are loosin in races to mustangs....i have an 05 gto m6..... i have friends who have the new 05 gt's, 04 cobras, 04 gto's.....and never have i ever lost a race to an 05 stang....loosin to that just shows that the gto driver needs to practice his racing skills.....cobras, cant even keep up either....with the 05 stang a great race..was against the 04 gto...both running high 13's.....OK i mean mustangs are nice and all....and i like whatever looks good...but lets take the cobra....here u have a 38k car...with a blower.....the 05 gto's are beating them on motor bone stock...and for 6 grand less...But anyway...there is no way anyone can compare the 05 gto to a new stang...wanna compare it to something....the c6.....2 tenths slower for 20 grand less...theres a comparison
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 10:46 AM

I couldn't agree more, I was shocked when I saw someone lost to an '05 Mustang, it worried me a little because I haven't race one yet. By all accounts the '05 GTO should toast the new Mustang......

P.S. Nice color choice (Midnight Blue)!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 01:56 PM

You can rest assured knowing that a majority of the posts were coming from faux goat owners trying to start thread wars.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 02:55 PM

i had my wifes 04 m6 goat out today (mines getting an oil change) and toasted an auto 05 rustang gt and all she has is an exhaust with stock exhaust manifold, stock resonators.
if your talking about wingnut that keeps getting taken by rustang gts its probably because he got one i remember about 3 weeks ago he said he wasnt getting a goat so he is probably just messing with us, or plain and simple shouldnt have a gto
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 04:46 PM

Agree. My 05 GTO dusted an 05 Mootang very nicely... or the other driver was just a dick. Either way, it was no contest.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-11-2005, 06:56 PM

Just as a note to myself...... I for one can honestly say... I need to learn how to drag race my car! There, I said it. I went to Ennis this weekend and I couldn't get out of the HIGH 13"S For God sakes man, I'm running 13.8's with a 2.38 60' (btw that 60' is with M/T 275/40-17 drag radials) the mph (105) suggest that I should be running low 13's (please correct me if I'm wrong) I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong!?! List of my mods include - SLP l.t.'s w/cats, LS6 cam (.525 lift), SLP pulley, SLP sway bar (BTW NO wheel hop at all - kind of odd), SLP loud mouth, slipping clutch, New Era cai, 85mm maf, and 160 t-stat I think I'm leaving something out but oh well, anyways, I don't have a tune and I think the cam is designed for top end - I'm being brutally honest with myself so I'm on kind of a rant... my car ran 8.9's stock in the 1/8th mile wtf????? Okay, heres my story now lets see if I'm the only one being honest! Almost forgot, my STS turbo kit will be here in two weeks - 13's my ass!!!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 12:05 AM

So Did The Slp Sway Bar Stop The Wheel Hop, I Have Not Attempted A Burnout Yet, I Feel No Need To Prove Anything With This Car. But When The Time Comes And I Do, I Dont Want Any Wheel Hop. What Did You Do To Cure That. I Did One Full Throtle Start And Had Some...
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 09:05 AM

Dealer.... as long as we are admiting things.... I have terrible times with my WS6 with a six speed and great, consistant times with my GTO auto. I guess that means that I just don't know how to drive a stick. Even when I try to "speed shift" my times are not consistant. With the auto it point and shoot. Very consistant and quick. I suppose I've just joined the foggy crowd.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO-Quikls2
Dealer.... as long as we are admiting things.... I have terrible times with my WS6 with a six speed and great, consistant times with my GTO auto. I guess that means that I just don't know how to drive a stick. Even when I try to "speed shift" my times are not consistant. With the auto it point and shoot. Very consistant and quick. I suppose I've just joined the foggy crowd.
Well I guess that I will consider putting a 4L65E in the goat..... even though I have seen plenty of six speed cars go fast!

Last edited by GTODEALER; 04-12-2005 at 10:08 AM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijaguy
So Did The Slp Sway Bar Stop The Wheel Hop, I Have Not Attempted A Burnout Yet, I Feel No Need To Prove Anything With This Car. But When The Time Comes And I Do, I Dont Want Any Wheel Hop. What Did You Do To Cure That. I Did One Full Throtle Start And Had Some...
SLP sway bar and Harrop bushings should eliminate approx. 85-90% of our wheel hop issues. I am running the SUPER SOFT M/T drag radials and I didn't notice any wheel hop, but I was spinning like an sob!! We will have the bushings in stock in a couple of weeks for $149.00!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in