gto vs miata - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 03:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
gto vs miata

haha ok well im sure you guys will just make fun of me for this but i figured id share. driving home the gf tonight and a young guy in a miata pulls up at the light and just asks me to run. at first im like umm are you serious buddy? hes liek yeah im s/c i think i can beat you well needless to say worst race ive ever had and i wasnt near his car long enough to know if it really was s/c i felt very bad for him
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 08:02 AM

People just dont understand. I guess nice kill.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradke123 View Post
at first im like umm are you serious buddy? ... i felt very bad for him
careful with miatas, ask dusty about them. i think he had one hand him a big L nearly a year ago. maybe it was another member but i thought it was him. miata packing a 5.0...2100 lbs with 400 rhwp is greater than you think! fun kill though i like those

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koman View Post
careful with miatas, ask dusty about them. i think he had one hand him a big L nearly a year ago. maybe it was another member but i thought it was him. miata packing a 5.0...2100 lbs with 400 rhwp is greater than you think! fun kill though i like those
No doubt!

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 04:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to Aramz06
BEAUTIFUL IDEA!

-LSS Shifter
-Resonator Delete
-Flowmaster 44 Series Mufflers

1 of 475

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-28-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramz06 View Post
BEAUTIFUL IDEA!
Yep, and there are conversion kits out there to do it...
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 08:22 AM

I've never sat in a Miata. Can a 6'4" guy fit in one with the top up??? I've always admired the Miata for its bang for the buck handling.

On an S2000 I'm looking straight at the roll bar at the top of the windshield.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-20-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattirewilly View Post
I've never sat in a Miata. Can a 6'4" guy fit in one with the top up??? I've always admired the Miata for its bang for the buck handling.

On an S2000 I'm looking straight at the roll bar at the top of the windshield.
I don't know about a Miata....but you can fit in a GXP Solstice, it has a bigger bang for buck handling than a Miata (bias as my wife owns one & has out driven Miatas, Boxster, & others)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 02:03 PM

Koman is right. It was me that got beat by a Miata with a turbo on it the size of a suitcase. It wasn't even close. I'll pulled up along side him on the interstate running around 70ish. He knew I wanted to run and I let him take off just a millisecond before I did. He pulled away so fast I didn't know what hit me. He may have had nitrous but I doubt it. He even had a modified rear bumper to fit the giant ass pipe he had running from underneath the engine to the huge exhaust tip in the rear. I could see the whole pipe from the engine bay to the bumper, was damn near the diameter of a coffee can.

He slowed up and let me pull up beside him to give him a much deserved smile and thumbs up. It was a younger kid, probably fresh out of high school. I've also been beat by a Honda Civic with a Garrett T3 turbo. He was just a hair faster then me, but the Miata just blew me off the road. As far as I can remember, those are my only 2 losses. I've beat many rustang GTs and my all time favorite kill was earlier this summer when I outran a new Nismo Nissan 350Z. I could almost see the tears running down the dudes cheeks when I let him catch back up to me.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyminpin View Post
Koman is right. It was me that got beat by a Miata with a turbo on it the size of a suitcase. It wasn't even close. I'll pulled up along side him on the interstate running around 70ish. He knew I wanted to run and I let him take off just a millisecond before I did. He pulled away so fast I didn't know what hit me. He may have had nitrous but I doubt it. He even had a modified rear bumper to fit the giant ass pipe he had running from underneath the engine to the huge exhaust tip in the rear. I could see the whole pipe from the engine bay to the bumper, was damn near the diameter of a coffee can.

He slowed up and let me pull up beside him to give him a much deserved smile and thumbs up. It was a younger kid, probably fresh out of high school. I've also been beat by a Honda Civic with a Garrett T3 turbo. He was just a hair faster then me, but the Miata just blew me off the road. As far as I can remember, those are my only 2 losses. I've beat many rustang GTs and my all time favorite kill was earlier this summer when I outran a new Nismo Nissan 350Z. I could almost see the tears running down the dudes cheeks when I let him catch back up to me.

As the saying goes. "with enough money, anything can be made fast"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in