GTO vs Quick little Civic - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
GTO vs Quick little Civic

Last night cruising down a two lane highway, I see some blue headlights in my rearview. I am MMOB and ignore them. He seems to want to pass me so I get into the right lane. He does the same. Later I swith lanes again and he follows. I speed up to about 10 over and he comes right back up on me. I know whatever it is, it wants to try its luck. So I drop it in 2nd at 50mph and stomp it. He stays about 2 cars behind me until I get it into third...about 500rpms into third and Im pulling away pretty steadily. Later on I finally get to see what my competitor was driving. It was a lowered blue and probably boosted, Honda Civic. 3 people in the car (including driver). I also had two others in my car. We all had our windows down but he REFUSED to look over at the light. Even his friends acted like we didn't exist. It was funny because I assume he thought he may have been able to beat me. Little does he know I was shortshifting 1500 RPMs early in every gear.

Quick little Civic though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 10:40 PM

Nice kill. I believe in destroying guys when they step out of there league though. A habit I acquired when destroying wannabe racers who assumed because they had a 600 or 1000 sport bike they could automatically outhandle my zx14. Funny, I like my GTO as much as my bike, and for the same reasons: most people are idiots and 'assume' they are better or faster. Humiliation is mankinds best teacher IMO.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

I hear ya on putting people in their place. Im all about some chasing ricers down. If they give me a flyby or rev at me...they better be ready to get embarrased cause I won't let them live. Reving at me or trying to show off is like hitting a behive with a stick when I'm in the Goat.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticks_n_Stones View Post
Nice kill. I believe in destroying guys when they step out of there league though. A habit I acquired when destroying wannabe racers who assumed because they had a 600 or 1000 sport bike they could automatically outhandle my zx14. Funny, I like my GTO as much as my bike, and for the same reasons: most people are idiots and 'assume' they are better or faster. Humiliation is mankinds best teacher IMO.
Oh boy. Out of their league? All you have to do is spend enough money and you can play in any league you want.

SRT-4 Stage 3
[email protected],
Best trap 120.60
Best sixty 1.68
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
Oh boy. Out of their league? All you have to do is spend enough money and you can play in any league you want.
Well, a mildly or even moderately modded civic is a little out of its league when it comes to highway rolls with a modded GTO. Just saying.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanaGTO View Post
Well, a mildly or even moderately modded civic is a little out of its league when it comes to highway rolls with a modded GTO. Just saying.
depends on the honda becareful of the 92-95 hatch back because there is no telling what they have.

sorry, I know its an old thread
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanrg1116 View Post
depends on the honda becareful of the 92-95 hatch back because there is no telling what they have.

sorry, I know its an old thread
Lightly modded is the key.

A turbo isn't lightly modded.

An engine swap isn't lightly modded.

It isn't possible for a 92-95 Civic Hatchie to give my Hyundai ****** a run if it's lightly modded.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2009, 06:57 AM

my brother has a k20 swapped del sol NA mildly modded engine, quick little thing. he's smoked muscles, never the beloved GTO though <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in