User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gto Vs Srt 4

Great Race Story.
I Was At The Car Dealer The Other Day And My Buddy Was Looking At That Srt 4 Neon. The Salesman Said It Would Give A Stock Corvette A Run For Its Money. Which I Found Hard To Believe, But Anyway That Brings Me To My Story.

I Just Was Leaving The Dyno With My Car After Doing A Few More Mods And Getting Them All Dailed In When I Say A Blue Neon Srt4 In My Rear View. We Caught A Train And I Got A Chance To Chat. He Said He Had A Bunch Of Mods Done To His Car And You Could See And Here Them, He Also Stated It Was Putting 383 To The Tires Which Had Me A Little Concerned Due To The Fact I Just Got My New Dyno Sheet Which Was Only 13 Hp More At The Wheels. Needless To Say I Said What The Hell And Said Lets Rock.
We Cleared The Train And Caught A Light And It Was On. He Beat Me Off The Line Because Of Wheel Hop But In A Split Second I Was Even And Then Passed Him. By The Time I Hit 3rd I Couldnt Hear That Blow Off Valve Or His Getto Exhaust Anymore. Easy Win.
He Caught Up At The Next Light And Asked If We Could Do A 20 Punch Oh Yea I Was Down Smoked His As........ This Time.
Moral Of My Story Is Dont Believe The Salesman.
If That Kid Was Telling The Truth I Dont See With The Rwhp And Weight Factoer He Didnt Smoke Me But Ill Take The W!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 10:44 PM

I met a guy with a blue srt 4, and he said he had seen footage of the neons destroying the goats. Like I always say. It is about the driver, and not the car. Still a good kill, and can i ask what mods have you done?????
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2005, 10:51 PM

I raced an SRT4 with my 02' Z28. I had a lid and a Corsa cat back. He had a whole list of Mods I found out latter. I took him fairly easy. It was just a chance meeting.
A week later I went to pick up a Pizza and there he is. He asks me what did you do to your car, and then says "tell me alot of stuff". Needless to say he was not happy when he found out.

NICE KILL. He might peak at 383hp but when you look at your power graphs his is a steep mountain with a slippery downside and yours is a nice flat high plateau.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 08:03 AM

When you guys are doing these kills, are they on regular streets or on tracks, because the majority of kills i have heard of have been down the 1/4 mile. And always u neva know how good the driver is. Still u get love for a good kill
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2005, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Minor Mods

I Got A Pretty Penny In Mods About 50/50 Performance And Looks.
Have A Gravanna Hood Ramair
Arrowhead Body Kit With Side Exhaust
20 In Dk02 Rims In Chrome With G-force Tires
Motor Wise -cam And Heads
Gravanna Cold Air System Goes With Hood
Jba Headers High Flow X Pipe With Spintech Exhaust
Fast Intake And Throttle Body
And A Couple Of Minor Stuff Like Plugs And Fuel Pump
Biggest Thing Is Tuning Makes It All Possible.
I Need To Buy A New Digital Cam. So I Can Post Pics
Next I Plan On Working On The Suspension And Rear End Than A Magna Charger By The End Of Summer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in