High 12's?? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
High 12's??

I currently have a LS1 GTO A4 with nothing but a diablosport tune. My question is do yall think she's capable of squeaking into the high 12's on street tires with these mods:

Kook Headers/Mid-pipes
Borla Catback
K&N Cai
Diablosport Tune

I'm hoping I can get at least into the low 13's with these mods. By next summer/fall I should have all this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 03:11 AM

maybe on DR's but i'm no ls1 expert. low 13s are possible though all these with great driver mod.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 04:28 AM

I'm with koman on that. Some Dr's and dragbags would help out alot getting into the 12's. Driver mod still the most important thing going!

SRT-4 Stage 3
[email protected],
Best trap 120.60
Best sixty 1.68

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Don't take this wrong but the car is not capable of running any decent time if the driver isn't. Do you think you are capable of running high 12's? Do you think you can't get a perfect launch on a car that's very hard to launch? Are you capable of getting a 60' time of 1.8 or lower? Please don't take my post as if I'm being hard on the driver but really, the car can't do anything until you turn the ignition. I know that with the power my car has it is more than capable of running low to high 11's. I've seen cars with much less power run those times. But I honestly don't think I have the driving skills to get it there. So if I can't do it in my car no one else will. Because no one is going to drag race my ride.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6QTS11OZ View Post
Don't take this wrong but the car is not capable of running any decent time if the driver isn't. Do you think you are capable of running high 12's? Do you think you can't get a perfect launch on a car that's very hard to launch? Are you capable of getting a 60' time of 1.8 or lower? Please don't take my post as if I'm being hard on the driver but really, the car can't do anything until you turn the ignition. I know that with the power my car has it is more than capable of running low to high 11's. I've seen cars with much less power run those times. But I honestly don't think I have the driving skills to get it there. So if I can't do it in my car no one else will. Because no one is going to drag race my ride.
Well what helps me is it's an A4. Once I get the launch down all I have to do is hold on!! I consider myself a decent driver. I made numerous passes at different dragstrips in my '02 mustang gt auto conv. and I ran a 14.5 at 98 bone stock in 90 degree weather with her down in Valdosta, Ga.

I know the driver makes the car I just wanted your guys opinion of if she's capable of it.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORNATIC!! View Post
Well what helps me is it's an A4. Once I get the launch down all I have to do is hold on!! I consider myself a decent driver. I made numerous passes at different dragstrips in my '02 mustang gt auto conv. and I ran a 14.5 at 98 bone stock in 90 degree weather with her down in Valdosta, Ga.

I know the driver makes the car I just wanted your guys opinion of if she's capable of it.
Well the auto does help. I think that if you get a 60' of 2.0 or lower you have a great chance of seeing 12.8x or 12.9x. Good luck!

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6QTS11OZ View Post
Well the auto does help. I think that if you get a 60' of 2.0 or lower you have a great chance of seeing 12.8x or 12.9x. Good luck!

Yeah thanks. I understand these cars are not easy to launch. My last time at track on July 5 I couldn't get under a 2.2 and it was hot and humid with a horrible DA. The best I could muster was a 14.5 at 93
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 07:07 PM

LOL WOW. The launch is going to need a lot of work. I'd think you'd need at least a 1.9 60ft to sniff anywhere near a 12 second pass. Sticky tires are the best mod for the money you can make if your a drag racer.

SRT-4 Stage 3
[email protected],
Best trap 120.60
Best sixty 1.68
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 08:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to squrtdog50
Definatly go for the DRs. and air bags! With your program you should be in the mid 13's. Mine pulled a 13.2 @ 104mph. With only dr's, bags,short throw and c/a. No tune either. Put in a little more track time and your times will drop fast! Good luck!!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeast View Post
LOL WOW. The launch is going to need a lot of work. I'd think you'd need at least a 1.9 60ft to sniff anywhere near a 12 second pass. Sticky tires are the best mod for the money you can make if your a drag racer.
My one and only 12 second run was a 1.99 60'. That was also my best 60' in the GTO. Most of the time it was 2.02-2.08 60's. It took lots of practice to get it down to that.

TORNATIC, try this. Put your left foot on the brake after you stage. Right foot on the gas and press till you are at 900-1100 rpms. Really just enough to take the slop out of the converter. When the bottom yellow light comes on sidestep the brake and roll into the gas working it to the floor, not just punching it. Use the full 60' to get all the way into it. I did that style with my F-body and I do pretty close to the same thing with the C6. The F-body was always low 2.0x. The C6 has a lot wider tires and less weight, so I can cut 1.92-1.98 with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in