An honest forum - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
An honest forum

I don't post very often but take a peak in from time to time. Gotta say, this forum is probably the most honest one I've come across. As a previous vette and viper, and now mustang owner, I've belonged to many...

You can't win them all... not possible...and yet one comes across very few posters in the mustang sections for example, that will recount a loss. It's always a blazing victory with a few insults added. You always hear of the kills (hate the term) but never the losses.

Appears in the GTO forums, you do not suffer from such insecurity and immaturity issues and are equally comfortable sharing the wins and losses.

06GT, 76mm turbo @ 22 lbs boost, stroker built motor, 4r70w, alcohol inj sys

old times before recent engine rebuild and new power mods
10.0 @ 136

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 12:00 PM

Having owned Mustangs, and Vettes, F-bodies and a Contour SVT and being members of all the different forums, I definately agree. The class of people here are definately a couple steps above the rest.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicsteve View Post
I don't post very often but take a peak in from time to time. Gotta say, this forum is probably the most honest one I've come across. As a previous vette and viper, and now mustang owner, I've belonged to many...

You can't win them all... not possible...and yet one comes across very few posters in the mustang sections for example, that will recount a loss. It's always a blazing victory with a few insults added. You always hear of the kills (hate the term) but never the losses.

Appears in the GTO forums, you do not suffer from such insecurity and immaturity issues and are equally comfortable sharing the wins and losses.

Who's ass are you trying to kiss? Seriously Rustang owner, go back to wherever it is that you came from and wait at the next light to get beat by any car GM ever made. Mustangs suck man. They're ugly and slow.

hahaha j/k man.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Better class of car, better class of people.

...or coincidence, whichever.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 03:54 PM

Hey, as a German (Audi A4) and Jap (350Z) owner, how out of place am I????? But in all seriousness, most of the guys here are pretty chill. I've had wins and losses both to GTO's. They're pretty nice cars. Almost bought one once. Anyways, yeah, it is one of the more honest, non-BS forums. Don't even get me started on some.........

*cough; dodgeforums.com & my350Z.com; cough*
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 04:12 PM

What I like about this place is that the liars and flagrantly rude A-holes get their asses bounced to the curb with their ISP's blocked so you don't gotta put up with them anymore. The moderators here are definitely on the ball. I wonder what Dizzy's doing now.....
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 07:13 PM

Hate to sound like a broken record that keeps saying the same crap. This is one of the only forums I check everyday BC of the people who are here. They aren't sitting on a high horse or their ego is as big as they head.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 10:20 PM

i pratically live on this forum. never post from work tho. everyone here seems to be older, or younger mellow people. if i kind of remember (been a while and i work 50-60 hrs a week at night, so please don't give me to much crap if i'm off) the average was late 30's to earlu 40's, i think). don't ask why. hey, im 25. my dad made the comment when i got her 2 months ago, drove like and old made, no more than 3 over the speed limit, smooth stops etc. the moment i get off the high way on to the back roads, smoke show, chirped tire between shifts, 15 over in the twisties, got up to 145, just slammed on the brakes to the turn onto the road they live on, drive the mile and a half on gravel (yes they live on a gravel road, one that is compacted dirt road with 3/4 minus rock) did 10 mph the whole way, my dad went nuts he never drives under 75. washed her, parked her in the barn, yes one of those things that people still find those old cars in, then i put on the cover. i rarelyever drive agressively, not much more than red lining the shifts on the on ramp, the ocassional run up to 135 on the back roads. did go 158 couple of weekends ago, blew through a stop sign at 125. i know REAL F%*KING STUPUID!! and i think 75% of the people on this forum drive not much more agressively than i do. compaired to other sites *coughLS2GTO*. all they like to do is talk about how modded out the a$$ it is, brag about the 12hp gain of their CAI, talk up the SLP bobcat package and say how if you go any other way you are f#*king up. all they are is a bunch of kids who loved the muscle car. but all they got was the ricer, added a coffee can exhaust, stero, and a wing. then they got a job, popped out a couple of kids. got rid of the ricer, or kept it as a daily driver. i just work in the aerospace-defense industry, making my lousy 40k a year. to feed my expensive toys and habits. no girl friend (parents always said (and a lot of other people i know) girl friend or a car, no kids (than god). but like i said, this forum is mellower, that is why some people and myself, seem to perfer it
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 10:53 PM

i'd almost agree with the majority too. funny thing is most of the races i've ever lost in i seriously wasn't trying except for one which was the jaguar s-type r. i have them so irregularly it's like i don't know what to do. outside of races i'd say this forum is pretty good as far as being a place where a person can learn without being seen as a "know-nothing" as on other sites. although i do find the tech side of mustangforums 5.0 section pretty interesting and rather comical at times i'd say outside of the local foum i check this one everyday, usually about 2-3 times a day depending on my schedule.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensicsteve View Post

No matter how fast you are, there's always something faster. No matter what you drive, GTO, Mustang, Vette, V-dub, whatever, we're all auto enthusiasts, and can learn from each other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in