I got killed. - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 02:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got killed.

I own a 06/A4. Stock other than a drop in K&N, and super 40 mufflers (thanks to all the posters for the tip, about the muffs) I'm minding my own business driving to work Wednesday morning around 6:30, and just enjoying my coffee, and listening to the radio, and in my rearview i see a beautiful 05-06 red 4dr shortbed chevrolet pu. It was lowered with what appeard to be 20'' wheels. Vey nice pickup. He rolled up along side of me, and rapped the throttle. Not really feeling it that early in the a/m. He follows me the 2miles to the interstate.

As i get on the on ramp i take my GTO up to around 70, and he was right there. He never left my rear bumper. I scratched my head thinking to myself there's no way a stk pu would hang w/a GTO like that.

We criuse around 55mph side by side, and i rolled down the passenger mirror, and told him he had a beautiful truck, and that it sounded very nice, and ran even better. He asked if my goat was stock. I nodded my head yes. He asked me if i wanted to try it?? Well you guys know my answer to that question. He took me from a roll from 50-100, by at least 2 cars. He slowed, and i gave him a thumbs up, and exited the interstate. Thinking to myself how the f did that just happen.

Saturday rolls around, and bingo the same truck. I pull up to him, and rolled the window down, and we stopped, and chatted. Very nice Kid. I asked him how much nitrous is he putting to it. He just smilled. We took off from a dig, and he once again took me by 3 cars. We pulled back over into a gas station. He popped the hood. This is what i saw. A 6.0, with headers, 100 shot, stall converter, and gears. I think it had a cam, but he said it didn't.

We raced one more time motor to motor from a dig. He jumped me, but not for very long. I ended up taking him by 2 cars. Still a very impressive, beautiful truck.

Just thought i would share my weekend with you guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 05:59 PM

Sounds like a pretty mean truck!!. And if he hung w/ you that well w/out the spray, then yeah, he had more than he was telling you. Prob heads/cam combo. Just my take on it.......
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2007, 08:55 PM

What brand truck was it?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm4life View Post
What brand truck was it?
chevrolet
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 07:43 AM

I had a Chevy PU play with me a couple weeks ago. We were both going up Pat Booker, and he was in the next lane, but sticking with me. I figured something was up, and sure enough, after creeping up on me, he nails it. The truck looked completely stock, but put up a good fight. If the Goat were stock, he would've walked me. At the next light I tried to get his attention to ask what's in it, but he wouldn't look at me, just had a grin on his face. We went at the green, this time I was more serious and put a couple of lengths on him. He pulled up latter beside me and hollered "Sounds Good!" then turned right. Beware of those pick-um-ups!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in