I never had this happen before......... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I never had this happen before.........

I live here in the Motor City and anyone that lives here knows that there is a race normally in sight anywhere you go, but I didnít think at 6 Oíclock in the morning and not just one but two. Well, here the story. I have a 2005 GTO, auto and my mods so far are a K& N cone filter and some Nitto Drags. Now, this is my wifeís every day car, so I decided to take it to work today and as soon as I am about a mile from my house I see a Lightning at the light with a hood scoop and from what I could tell a Borla cat back exhaust. I continue driving and see the Lightning behind me and a 99 Mustang GT in the lane next to me about a car and a half ahead. As soon as the stang sees me in his side mirror he hits it and so do I. I pull him in easy and as I pass we make eye contact; I keep on pulling hard. End of first Kill. As soon as the Lightning sees this he wants a peace of the new kid on the block, so he gets at my side and we both hit it from a 30 and are about dead even and shut down at about 60. Now, I donít know any thing about these trucks, but that supercharger wind was so loud that I donít know if everything under the hood was stock. We go again from a 50 which is a very strong roll for this car and I hold him and start to pull him slowly. We shut down at around 80. After that the guy wanted to keep racing, but I had to get to work. I waved and drove on. Not a bad start to a morning.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 09:46 AM

Yeah, you have to be careful with some of the trucks on straights and highways. Ran side by side with alot of them. Here in PA, after a good straight run, I'll ask them to try and stay on my tail through some twisties

Gets them everytime!!!

Nice kill on the rustang. Nothing like pony meat to start the day off with. And always a great way to start the weekend!!!!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 11:49 AM

sounds like fun

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 01:53 PM

nice kills!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 04:23 PM

Those Lightning superchargers are loud as hell -- and, in the first couple of years of production, had a habit of causing unbelieveable water leaks.

They're fast off the line -- but lose an awful lot of top end due to their barn door like aerodynamics. If I'm not mistaken, they've got a supercharged 5.4 Romeo platform 8 -- whereas the Cobras had the 4.6.

They sure can be fun for doing donuts, though. I really wanted to buy one a couple of years ago -- but just couldn't stomach the thought of getting 9 mpg city (the sticker says 12, yeah right). And the Dodge SRT-10 pickup? The mileage ratings are 9 city and 12 highway!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 05:08 PM

Nice kills.

The SVT Lightning stock runs 13.8 1/4. It's strong suit is 20-80, so you hit him at about his best spot. A pulley, intake, exhaust, and chip net a high 12.x 1/4 with drag radials. They sound like a wounded animal from the supercharger scream. You should definately be happy with the performance you put down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in