Mazda Millenia S??? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mazda Millenia S???

Not exactly sure why, but they wanted to race....

I was heading into town this evening for a quick errand -- about a 7 mile drive on a rural 4-lane hwy. Leaving the subdivision, I was having a bit of fun chirping the tires, and passed the Mazda, getting up to speed -- about 65 or so. The Mazda I guess either didn't like it, or wanted to play, not sure which, but he does the fly-by then plants it next to an SUV doing about 50. not passing, not letting me pass.

So we're cruising at 50 for a while, then I see the puff of black smoke from the Millenia giving me the telltale sign that he's on the move. He goes past the SUV and I drop it to 3rd and easily pass and pull on him until about 120 before shutting it down. The Millenia is a good 4 or 5 bus lengths behind.

Interesting car technically: Millenia S's are supercharged, but have an odd exhaust stroke where the valve stays open until the piston is TDC. Called the Miller Cycle engine, it has less parasitic loss due to no real compression stroke other than what is generated by the supercharger.

Technology aside, it was no challenge for the Goat. Not exactly sure why he wanted to try. Perhaps just wanted to see what it had. Anyway, it was fun all the same!

Jim Miller
'06 M6 PBM, bone stock other than JHP gauges and bluetooth kit.

Jim Miller

'06 M6 18" wheels, Phantom Black, tint, JHP Gauges & Bluetooth
'02 Saab 9-5 Aero SportWagon
'93 Saab 900 Turbo Commemorative #116 of 325
'91 Saab 900 Turbo Special Edition Convertible
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-29-2007, 11:40 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't expect it to be a challenge. I had a NA millenia a while back, traded it in on my 2k2 Altima 3.5. I'm not sure why they even tried ... unless they had some aftermarket stuff on there. a NA millenia is around 170 hp, I believe, and the S is around 220. weight is right around 2800, i believe, possibly upwards of 3000 ...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 07:48 AM

the Millenia was supposed to be Mazda's high end vehicle division Amati (I believe that was it) like Toyota's Lexus and Nissan's Infinity...it was truly built to a higher standard and I think the Millenia was well thought of in its day...I think sometimes people feel the need to try your GTO just to see how much it really has...
Bill

**QSM/RH/A4/17**1 of 52**
Like what you've got?...Thank a Vet!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG View Post
Yeah, I wouldn't expect it to be a challenge. I had a NA millenia a while back, traded it in on my 2k2 Altima 3.5. I'm not sure why they even tried ... unless they had some aftermarket stuff on there. a NA millenia is around 170 hp, I believe, and the S is around 220. weight is right around 2800, i believe, possibly upwards of 3000 ...
They were around 3200 lbs. Still light in my opinion for a nicely equipped 4 door sedan.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in