User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mustang guys are ignorant...

06 Mustang GT vs GTO

Just read some of the posts on the first 3-4 pages. Its pretty bad.

not sure how I even found this link, but it sure does tell you alot about mustang guys and their loyalty to a breed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 09:00 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to 04BLKGOAT
sniper,

After reading some of the post on the mustang forum, those guys are giving mustang owners a bad name. I used to own an 04 Mustang GT and by far the GTO is a much better car in my own opinion.
post #3 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 09:02 PM

They seem to have their heads in the sand. The numbers don't lie, but the folks on this forum do. As far as the styling that's just a matter of personal tatse, so I'll let that one go. From what I have read on this forum when we get beat it's admitted and there is no shame in that. Someone will always have a ride faster-quicker than yours. They are just hurting themselves by not dealing with the truth...As far as the ones I have seen in my town; they will not run with me, wonder why? Can't wait to taste some good fried chicken-mic-stang!!! GT

post #4 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper.x611 View Post
06 Mustang GT vs GTO

not sure how I even found this link, but it sure does tell you alot about mustang guys and their loyalty to a breed.
Viking396 is a total loser while Doodad seems to be pretty cool, I think they are all losers for how they are talking about our cars, I'd like to line up against most of them and hand em there a#%es
post #5 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 09:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to 04BLKGOAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04YJ-GTO View Post
Viking396 is a total loser while Doodad seems to be pretty cool, I think they are all losers for how they are talking about our cars, I'd like to line up against most of them and hand em there a#%es
They are so cocky and they cant handle the truth

Last edited by 04BLKGOAT; 02-05-2008 at 09:12 PM. Reason: added more quotes
post #6 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

My biggest thing is the non-stock guys on there saying ya I can beat a stock '04 gto, when it obviously is a stock-stock comparison.. Or when the question gets asked "Do you think an 06 mustang gt will beat an 05/06 GTO or SRT8" and a few chime in "YA." like WTF ever dude. I think I've read one kill of an SRT8 on this forum from a stock 06 GTO and we ALL questioned it..

IDK in my town I get the look from mustang guys all the time, and I always race them (with passengers in MY car) and I have yet to lose. I'm bone stock with the 17'' all season tires. And I'm not talking freeway only runs or anything like that. I mean from the light, from a roll, and oddly enough I had one mustang take me on the freeway... First one to walk me gets my respect and I mean that. I just don't understand the ignorance for no reason.

Sniper
post #7 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper.x611 View Post
06 Mustang GT vs GTO

All I know is that everytime I ran an 05/06 Gt with my 05 GTO it was a pretty simple race. I ran to the top of first, hit second and watched the GT slide a car and a half back. I hit third and watched the GT slide another car and a half back, hit 4th and walked away fast enough that I was never sure if the guy was still trying.

I never had one closer than 6 cars at the end of a 1/4 mile race. A good 05 and up GT driver would run 13.6-7 and I hit 13.0-13.1. Never was much fun unless they had some mods. I always like to race when there is some question to the outcome.

I will agree that the GTO didn't feel as fast as the GT. I guess they call that refinement. For that matter one of the fastest feeling cars I've ever been in was a Shelby GLH Turbo Omni. That car would scare the pee out of you. Felt like it was doing a 100 at 55 mph. Maybe that's what the author is trying to say, the Mustang isn't nearly as refined as the GTO either.
post #8 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04BLKGOAT View Post
They are so cocky and they cant handle the truth
that is it, you nailed it, they can't handle the truth and that is why they are so ignorant when the GTO comes up in a conversation, the feel threated and they can't think of what to say, so they decide to say stupid things like yea I can beat GTO.........ha ok sure you can
post #9 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 10:03 PM
formerly NJGoat

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I can't wait for a mustang to yank on my goats tail, cuz I'm gonna take him to school gentlemen!!! I have been behind atleast three or four 00-04 mustangs, all hooptied up with paint, exhaust, large wings and not yet has one of them tried going over the speed limit while looking in their rear view mirror at my red goat snarling at them!!! Can't wait for the day, and you know what, if I do get beat by a sleeper mustang, I'll give him one he&% of a race that he wont forget!

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red, sport & premium pkg, Lloyd floor mats, Pontiac trunk liner, mobil 1 plus Z-Max, VG sharkfin antenna, Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 93 octane Volant tune, Solo -Performance axle-back exhaust, Solo X pipe, BP-catchcan
post #10 of 80 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 12:33 AM

You guys think that's bad, you should see some of the things say about other cars. I'm a member over there, and there are some bonafide, dumbass Ford fanboys on that site for sure. Most of the guys are pretty cool and open minded, though.

And there's noone here that can say there's no individual on this site that gives GTO owners a bad name. This site has it's fair share of disillusioned nut swingers just like anywhere else. I'm not dropping names, because they know who they are, and it's not everyone. Sorry, but it had to be said......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in