my Nissan night - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my Nissan night

I don't normally race to often but i felt the urge last night. i was running down the expressway around 3 last night when i saw 2 blue lighted car flying up behind me. one was ahead of the other and it was a twin turbo 300 zx tricked out, it looked great for its age. he pulled beside me and we punched it when the 2nd 350 z caught up already speeding our way to us. i let off at 150 mph and had the both by 6 cars or more. so i flashed my hazards and let off and they went on by me, when they caught up lol. so the older z got off the exit and i slowly came back up and the 350 and he wanted to race again, hard to believe after the whooping he just got. so from a 70 role when punched it again and i had him by 3 cars up to 100 mph. i figured he would stop messing with me but he continued to try for more races until i had to let off the gas completely to get the annoying guy to stop letting me blow his doors off. it was funny and I'm definitely glad to show those ever so popular imports that there are still a few American cars not to mess with
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2008, 07:15 PM

Wait, so they had blue neon on their cars??? If so, guess that explains their lack of driving ability. Unless you're modded that is. Either way, nice kills....
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 03:17 AM

Hey they could of beat u but they had neons and that weighs alot

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scg87 View Post
Wait, so they had blue neon on their cars??? If so, guess that explains their lack of driving ability. Unless you're modded that is. Either way, nice kills....
I think he was referring to the HID headlights. My headlights on my Maxima has the crazy blue/purple look to them at certain angles.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 11:15 PM

blue lights coming up behind me usually means my insurance is going up.....again
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 11:29 PM

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6QTS11OZ View Post
I think he was referring to the HID headlights. My headlights on my Maxima has the crazy blue/purple look to them at certain angles.
Ah, that makes sense. I didn't think about the headlights. You'd think I would've made the connection since I owned a 350Z, lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy hudson View Post
blue lights coming up behind me usually means my insurance is going up.....again

Hahaha....
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scg87 View Post
Ah, that makes sense. I didn't think about the headlights. You'd think I would've made the connection since I owned a 350Z, lol....
I think I've gotten more "turn your damn hi-beams off" flashes from other cars when my low beams were on on my Maxima than I have with all the other cars I've own when their hi-beams were actually on. I love the HIDs but DAMN are they expensive. Through Nissan, one bulb was $130+.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 12:50 PM

Yeah, I got the same thing in the Z. People flashed my ass all the time. They didn't like it when I returned the favor, though. People sure got the hell out of the way when I was behind them, too. And they are some pricey things like you said, the headlights for my Z were like 1,200 a piece....
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 01:41 PM

I didn't get high beamed too much in the C6. I guess with the angle of the lights starting out so low, it didn't affect others like some of the higher mounted headlights. I would get high beamed everytime I was on this one secton of road that is divided and the one side is about 4 to 6 feet higher than the other side. When I was on the high side, the low side always hit their beams.

Speaking of cost, lets say you are driving a new CTS with HID lights. You are involved in a 5 mph accident where you rear end a pick-up. You look at his bumper, and it's got a tiny amount of twist to it, but he says it was like that and to not worry about it. You car on the other hand needs a grill, headlights and the radiator support bent since the bumper didn't take the impact. Also since the bumper didn't take the impact, the airbags deployed because of the sensors in the rad support.

Here's your damage breakdown:

Airbags = 1800
Grill = 750
HID =3600
rad sup = 600
f bumper
cover = 750
paint
refinish
labor = 1000

Your 5 mph bump is a 8500 accident. A guy my brother works with just got a Caddy CTS and had this exact accident 2 days after he got the car. It cost 8500 to fix it and he was going less than 10 mph when he hit the pickup. That pretty much expalins why insurance is so expensive. With his insurance at 700 every 6 months, it takes over 6 years for the insurance company to break even.

there just about isn't a $1000 accident anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in