My very best run(s) - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My very best run(s)

Ok. So i am coming into the shop this morning MMOB, when I pull behind a STI and beside him is a brand new SRT-4 neon. They are definetely going to run when the light hits green.

So the light hits and I follow the STI as best I can. He pulls on me because I had to delay to prevent from shoving my twin grills into his exhaust. The neon skids badly and I end up practically next to him. We pull to 3rd gear and then shut down to catch the next light. The lanes open up and I line up on the far right side for the next light. The Neon is careening his neck to see what is on the other side of the STI. So we wait the cycle and the traffic opens up(you ever have one of those situations where everything goes your way).

Run# 1 - We all catch perfectly. I have bever grabbed so hard in a GTO. Absolutely nailed 1st gear. This made me able to pull a nose on the STI. I run 1st gear hard and slam into second at full throttle. I do break loose a little at this point, but nothing serious. I am constantly pulling on the STI and the neon is pacing me, but is a car length behind me. By 3rd gear the STI and neon are dead even and I have a full car on both of them. I shift into 4th and I start to walk on both of them by then. I shut down at around 130. We all cruise for a while, all giving thumbs up and ding ding ding we catch another light.

Run #2 - The STI launches like a damn frog and gets 1/2 a car on me. I grab hard, but not that good. The SRT still skids(you can tell he is not used to the car yet) and he falls behind 1/2 a car. Second gear I absolutely own the STI and pull even with him. The SRT does the same(suprisingly quick little car) and we are all dead even at the end of 2nd gear. I throw 3rd and I hit the sweet spot. I pull 1/2 a car by the end of 3rd. The other two are dead even through 120. We shut down again and I end up with my bumper on their noses.

We all pull over and check out each others cars. All three of us are car salesmen and all work for the respective companies. Very cool guys that , now, absolutely love the GTO. I invited them both onto the forum, so we might be hearing from them today.

I tell you I am a OEM kinda guy, I generally do not lie to mod cars, but after the race today I have to admit I am seriously considering doing a setup like Big Mike was thinking for his future car.

Definetely made my day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 10:50 AM
big_mike

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Oh I can build me some fast rides!! But with you being an M6, you cant do a converter.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

well yeah I know. Short Shifter instead

I had more fun this morning with those two runs then all of my racing experiences all combined. I ran my very best and so did they for the most part. Even if I lost those races I would have been juiced up from them. But I won so it is even better. I would have given any amount of money to film them. DAMNIT!!!!!

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 11:06 AM
big_mike

this goes back to what I said yesterday. Even if you lose, if your a GOOD loser, you gain some friends.
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 01:59 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Doc GTO
Good kills! You can have all the power you want!!!

Doc

FMS F10-12 Cam / K&N CAI / P&P TB / JBA headers / RT HF Cats / SLP LM2 / 100 dry shot / Formato Tuned
466/623 on bottle
11.6 at 121 with 1.79 60ft.

post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc GTO
Good kills! You can have all the power you want!!!

Yeah I know. I am generally against it. But I am sitting in front of a new Brazen Orange Goat and thinkin......22500 for trade, 31000 OTD......+ another 3 or 4k for mods. 12k makes one badass lil Orange GTO.

<sigh>

I hate decisions like this.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 04:37 PM
big_mike

HEY! If you trade yours in for 22,500 I will buy it from ya for the same price! Work THAT deal up!

yeah, its a manual, so what, its 22k !!!
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

If you did not have that damn cavalier then I could get that for you no problem.

Wrong color and transmission
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 05:35 PM
big_mike

*frowns*
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2005, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

yeah well if you had gap we would be in a better situation right now!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in