Myriad of weak (but fun) kills - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Myriad of weak (but fun) kills

Where to start? How about some 1976 Pontiac Trans Am kills!

After buying the T/A this summer and finally getting insurance I drove it to town to show it off. I picked up a friend and proceeded to a friends house via the expressway (on which the speed limit is 45). Crusing along at about 45-50 in the slow lane i notcie a 1980's era Honda Crapbox flying up and around me. I just let him go...until we caught up at a stop light. Oh hey look, an empty lane next to him! Of course we had to look at this car with its homemade spoiler and rust paint scheme. He looked at us of course and sneered! Well then we point and laugh . I watch the other stoplight to time my take off. Those Radials dug in and with barely a scratch take off to 90 and I back down laughin my ass off at the ridiculousness of it all. Well about 2 minutes later he comes "roaring" by. I guess he won!

The other day my dad was driving it after we hit a few golf balls and were headed home. I was behind him and watching a 1980's something that was shadowing him. Well they were lined up at a stoplight and talked for a minute waiting on the light. Guess what? He wanted to race. Of course my dad dosent want to disappoint the man so...anyway he won. Easily. The guy's car shot out black smoke when he punched it! I dont know what the car was, the guy said a 1986 model, it had either a 2000 or 3000 on the back.

For a closer race I was driving my mom's 2003 Suzuki Arieo SX. It's a go-kart. But fun none the less. A friend was with me one night and once again on the expressway (seeing the pattern?). I was sitting at the light when a Mazda 6 pulled up and looked at me. Then he kept inching forward at the light for about half a car length. I couldnt back down from that, so I was ready for the light and popped the clutch and took off. I pulled a half car on him, AND HE COULD NOT PASS! Why? I dont know. I'm guessing driver mod was the problem. And he turned off without looking at us at the next street.

Oh well, nothing great to share but a kill is a kill. Any of you guys got some funny or overwhelming kills?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 10:18 AM

raced an aerostar in my V6 explorer once. Barely got him, i thought it was hilarious. Otherwise just boring honda, lexus, BMW, and 70s gas crisis kills.

1966 GTO bored 389 Tri-Power, Powerglide(#'s Match)

{GTO, Lariat, Galaxie, Glastron, & Yamaha} -Tyler-
PURDUE AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE ASSOCIATION PRESIDENT
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

My DD is a '96 V6 Explorer! It won't go unless you go WOT. My gas tank is always empty for that reason...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-13-2009, 01:21 AM

haha, mine is a '97 SOHC baby! lol

1966 GTO bored 389 Tri-Power, Powerglide(#'s Match)

{GTO, Lariat, Galaxie, Glastron, & Yamaha} -Tyler-
PURDUE AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE ASSOCIATION PRESIDENT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in