post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Best Times At The Track!!!!

Bone stock down to the paper filter, 2004 M6 GTO:

13.561 @ 104.84mph
13.600 @ 105.11mph

Ran a series of 13.6xx runs. Think if I had one more run (don't we all....) I could have broken into the .49-.48 range. Car seemed to really be responding to each 1lbs of air pressure I took out of the rears, staggering the right and left by 1-1.5lbs. I still have about .10 left in the 60ft to maximize (2.050), and I'm not confident powershifting it with the rubbery shift linkage and the shift point being so close to rev limiter.

Oh, ran an LS1 Z28 on two of my runs today. One race I won by .0068 seconds. I thought I actaully lost, that's how close it was. We started within .040 seconds of eachother. He got me out to 60-ft by a .10, but from 1/8 mile on, I was inching up on him. Through the traps I caught him and must have beaten him by mere inches. My MPH was 4mph higher. Must have been an auto or a 98-00 model. But just in case you think that you can't beat one of your buddies F-bodies, have no fear. Even with it's 400lbs heaver fat a$$ than a comperable Z car or a TA, something's working between the fenders on these things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 10:24 AM

Sweet times!! What was the DA? Or at least the temperature and humidity. I'm about to head up to the track in about 40 minutes with the completely stock '05. I'm excited!!! I have gotten decent at shifting it, so that shouldn't be a problem, its just launching it. I have NO experience at all. I know its different, but how did youlaunch yours?

EDIT: vnamvet, I'll be easy on the tires for you. No burnouts.

Last edited by slonlo_350; 10-09-2005 at 10:57 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Temps were in the low 50's, light cross-wind, about 45% humidity. It was freezing all morning though. I was running 13.70s and 80s at about 40 degrees until the sun came out and we finally got some heat in the track.

I think I was launching at around 3200rpms. I'd let the clutch out quick, with a slight bog. The last run that thing dug in hard and it felt like someone dropped a 1,000lbs brick in the trunk. It bogged too much and the 60ft was 2.050. If I had the rpms up a little higher to spin a smidge, it would've been epic.

I set the rears at LR: 26.5psi RR: 27.5psi and both fronts as 44psi. I wish I had lowered them another pound each in the rear. Was spinning too much going into 2nd and a little more than a chirp into 3rd.

A guy there had an 05 automatic. His best time of the day was a 13.35 @ 104.xx mph.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2005, 11:05 PM

Sweet. I had fun today, but I'll make a new thread for my times. I have pictures too (well a friend of mine does) and we'll get those up soon.

So next time you are lookin for 13.4's huh? haha. Congrats! I'll try lower tire pressure next time too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in