New Mustang GT - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New Mustang GT

A guy in a new Mustang GT, it definately had an exhaust, who knows what other mods, wouldn't leave me alone today. I drove the Vette today to work and was out to lunch and this tool was harrasing me. I had my boss with me and he asked if my car would keep up with one of those. I asked if he'd like to find out and he gave me the go ahead.

I played with him a couple times to let him know I was taking the bait. We got to a traffic light and traffic was light enough, only one car behind us and a clear shot ahead for at least a 1/4 mile to the next traffic light.

He cheated on the light by about a car and a half. By the top of 1st we were almost equal. I walked him through second and shut it down.

At the next light he wound his window down. He said he missed his 1-2 and wanted a rematch. I obliged the request. I knew he was going to go early. Not wanting to cheat I let him launch 1st again, but it was much closer. By the top of 1st I had him by almost a car and I just walked him in 2nd again, I had almost 3 cars on him and shut down.

At the next light, he asked if I sprayed. My boss looked at me like ???????. I told him he was asking if I used nitrous. My boss looked at the guy and said, I thought those things were fast, either they're not, or your not too good a driver.

He tore away from the light, I just laughed and turned left at the next break in the road to KFC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 01:32 PM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
It won`t be long and your boss is gunna have a Vette with lots of mods too.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukee View Post
It won`t be long and your boss is gunna have a Vette with lots of mods too.
My car is a bone stock 96 LT4 6M. Doesn't take mods to beat a stock Mustang. LOL

He's just not a Vette type of a guy. He's a typical banker, at least IMO. He makes decent money and drives a 1996 Grand Am with 160,000 miles and his wife has a 1999 Caravan that is fairly basic and has just under 100,000. He just doesn't care about cars or spend money on them.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
My car is a bone stock 96 LT4 6M. Doesn't take mods to beat a stock Mustang. LOL

He's just not a Vette type of a guy. He's a typical banker, at least IMO. He makes decent money and drives a 1996 Grand Am with 160,000 miles and his wife has a 1999 Caravan that is fairly basic and has just under 100,000. He just doesn't care about cars or spend money on them.
Interesting point! The bankers I have known with sports cars keep them in the garage until the weekend and then go to another community to drive. Bankers are afraid that people will think they make too much money if they drive a nice car to work?? Who are they trying to kid?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 05:45 PM

I regularly get harrassed by other performance vehicles and it's most often by mustangs . My car is sort of well known in my area because the track is close and it's getting to be quite fast (still waiting on race tune). I don't street race however, and just accept that some mustang owners are going to be young, pimply, and willing to write speed checks, their mustangs cannot cash.

06GT, 76mm turbo @ 22 lbs boost, stroker built motor, 4r70w, alcohol inj sys

old times before recent engine rebuild and new power mods
10.0 @ 136

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in