New PB on '04 A4!! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New PB on '04 A4!!

Last time I was at Carolina Dragway I had Predator, K&N CAI, TB Bypass and the best I could muster was 13.8 at 100.

Now it's my first time back at the track and I've added Borla CB. My best of the night was a 13.6 at 103.76 with a 2.189 60 ft. My 1/8 time was 8.8 at 82. I should've had a better 1/8 time but couldn't good traction off the line all night and I got no lower than a 2.1 60 ft. I can only imagine what time I could've had if I dropped the 60 ft.

I ran a 13.6 at 103 a couple of times. I was trapping from 101-103 most of the night. The temps ranged from 40-55 so the cool air helped the car but traction sucked. I really think Borla CB gave me a decent performance gain. I still have Kook LT's/Midpipes and another tune to go.
TORNATIC!! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 05:35 PM
 
fergyflyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Eustis Fl.
Posts: 3,445
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Excellent times!!!!!!

A good rule of thumbe is that a tenth at the start yields 2 at the end. So a 2.0 instead of a 2.1 60' would net out a 13.4 on your 13.6 pass.
fergyflyer is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
Excellent times!!!!!!

A good rule of thumbe is that a tenth at the start yields 2 at the end. So a 2.0 instead of a 2.1 60' would net out a 13.4 on your 13.6 pass.
Yeah I know about that rule although I've had times where I ran identical times back to back even when I dropped the '60 ft on the 2nd run.
TORNATIC!! is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 04:21 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORNATIC!! View Post
Last time I was at Carolina Dragway... but traction sucked.
interesting that you say this, on the local board everyone from the upstate and a few in the low country call carolina/jackson the house of hook. i hope to get a chance to run my car there this season if i can get it back together. not bad numbers, keep on keeping on and you'll be a pro at it soon
koman is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koman View Post
interesting that you say this, on the local board everyone from the upstate and a few in the low country call carolina/jackson the house of hook. i hope to get a chance to run my car there this season if i can get it back together. not bad numbers, keep on keeping on and you'll be a pro at it soon
Traction sucked because it was extremely cold and the track wasn't prepped as well as it normally is because all the rain earlier in the week. Traction more because of my car and weather than the track itself.
TORNATIC!! is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2008, 08:57 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 730
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
here's what one of the guys who went to carolina saturday had to say. he has an 04 gto as well...

House of Hook was the House of Slip and Slide today. Not a lot of cars showed up, poorish weather and cool temps all lead to no traction. As an added bonus, my posi decides when and if it spins both tires on its terms. I've yet to find out what those terms might be. Exxedy clutch is hella aggressive for street tires. I could slip it okay off the line, but thottle on powershifts are trecherous at times....more than once on the 3-4 shift it would actually spin and wiggle around. Not cool at the 1000 foot mark and doing 95 mph. All passes were made on hardened, worn out 275/30-19 General skeet tires as usual.

Best pass:

60-1.961
1/[email protected]
1/[email protected]

Worst pass*
60-2.529
1/[email protected]
1/[email protected]

*After doing a one wheel peel for the 3rd consecutive pass, I decided to powershift into 2nd and blow the tires off. I then proceeded to put it in 6th and cruise. Also had a 2.54 60' on another pass that I managed to still pull off a [email protected]
koman is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koman View Post
here's what one of the guys who went to carolina saturday had to say. he has an 04 gto as well...

House of Hook was the House of Slip and Slide today. Not a lot of cars showed up, poorish weather and cool temps all lead to no traction. As an added bonus, my posi decides when and if it spins both tires on its terms. I've yet to find out what those terms might be. Exxedy clutch is hella aggressive for street tires. I could slip it okay off the line, but thottle on powershifts are trecherous at times....more than once on the 3-4 shift it would actually spin and wiggle around. Not cool at the 1000 foot mark and doing 95 mph. All passes were made on hardened, worn out 275/30-19 General skeet tires as usual.

Best pass:

60-1.961
1/[email protected]
1/[email protected]

Worst pass*
60-2.529
1/[email protected]
1/[email protected]

*After doing a one wheel peel for the 3rd consecutive pass, I decided to powershift into 2nd and blow the tires off. I then proceeded to put it in 6th and cruise. Also had a 2.54 60' on another pass that I managed to still pull off a [email protected]
Yeah the traction was bad for me on the 1-2 shift almost every pass last Thursday. I think I need to take the shift firmness down on my Predator a couple of notches It's at 17% firm right now.

Last edited by TORNATIC!!; 01-30-2008 at 01:58 PM.
TORNATIC!! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome