nissan 300 something or other - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nissan 300 something or other

I was coming back from Chicago on Sunday with my wife on I-65 and ran into this dude in his late 40's (ish) in a convertible nissan 300 (sx maybe?). All I know is that is was a body style that hasn't been around in a while, he had duel exhaust on it which was loud as hell, and wanted to play. I punished him. My wife even felt bad for the guy, said something along the lines of "stop it, he's an old man!" LMFAO... Anyways, I'm not a nissan guy and don't remember those cars from the late 90's but am assuming it had a n.a. 6 cylinder in it. If it was modified, it wasn't much, and didn't make a difference at the hands of the LS2.

I really don't know what some of these guys are thinking sometimes, coming up beside me revving their engines. By the way, I slaughtered ANOTHER prior body style mustang GT convertible on the same trip home with my wife on her cell phone talking to her family back in Alabama at the time. It had giant rims on it with rubber band tires, other than that, I'm guessing it was stock. Wasn't even close...

Anyways, my wife's cell converstation ended on something along the lines of "omg, Dustin's trying to kill me, I gotta go!" She used to get nasty with me when I'd have fun with other sports cars, but I've had the car for 2 years now, and she's finally getting used to "the way things are" ha ha ha... Thank God there are 746 billion mustangs on the road, I can almost gaurantee my wife an exciting ride every time I coax her into the car with me, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:05 AM

Send a message via AIM to Aramz06
Nice kill, Dual exhaust would tell me its a 300zx. Those came with.. I believe a V6 and a twin turbo V6. Turbo ones are pretty quick. Was it turbo? remember hearing a BOV? The non turbo should have almost no chance, I see alot of those with giant ebay muffler tips, that could have been the case Again nice kill! thats cool your wife isnt so serious about you racing.

-LSS Shifter
-Resonator Delete
-Flowmaster 44 Series Mufflers

1 of 475

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 08:28 PM

Neither one, the turbo or the N/A is very fast.

The vert was only available N/A. It either had 200 or 220 hp and was a low 15 second 1/4 mile car.

The turbos can be made fast, but it takes work to get them into the 12's. Stock they were a mid 14 second car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in