P-51 Mustang - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
P-51 Mustang

So I ended up at a light and there is a Roush P-51. The guy saw me checking out his car so he rev's it. I could hear the supercharger whine. It sounded pretty good.

We had a couple cars in front of us so there wasn't much opportunity. He jumped on it a couple times. I hit it once, both of us with short less than a second blasts.

A bit down the road we ended up at a red light with pole position. We were a ways out of town now so there wasn't any traffic except behind us. We both had struggled to stop for the yellow light to get pole position. LOL

Long and short of it. The light turned green and I got a smallish half car advantage on the launch. By 60 he evened the score and I started thinking oh no. By 100 he was almost a half car ahead but had stopped pulling. By 120 aerodynamics took over and the lead changed hands again. I shut down at 135 with a my back bumper and his front bumper equal.

Could have been anybody's race. I got the nod on this one and the rematch didn't go nearly as good for him. I think he heated things up too much with the first run cause it was a fairly close run from 50-100 with me slowly edging him out then by 120 I had 2-1/2 cars on him and I shut it down.

I just looked the car up and it's got 510 hp. Couldn't find a road test. They cost $65,000 plus. For that money I'm buying a C6 Z06.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Nice kill!!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 06:45 PM

Nice kill.
For $65K you could have a nice used C6 Z06 easy, with change to spare. To each his own I guess, some are Mustang/Ford lovers just like I'm a GM person.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 01:36 AM

Excellent kill. I don't know about those Roush and Salleen cars. Most of the ones I've seen are just body kits, maybe a cold air intake and loud ass exhaust or something. There is a Salleen convertible at my work that has a plain Jane 281 under the hood. It takes the specialness out of those cars to know that there are so many on the road that are all show and no go. That's part of the reason I love the GTOs so much over the Rustang, Challengers, and Camaros. Pontiac never got stupid and made a V6 version of the car like everybody else does.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyminpin View Post
Excellent kill. I don't know about those Roush and Salleen cars. Most of the ones I've seen are just body kits, maybe a cold air intake and loud ass exhaust or something. There is a Salleen convertible at my work that has a plain Jane 281 under the hood. It takes the specialness out of those cars to know that there are so many on the road that are all show and no go. That's part of the reason I love the GTOs so much over the Rustang, Challengers, and Camaros. Pontiac never got stupid and made a V6 version of the car like everybody else does.
I guess you've never seen a Cadilac Catera........... oh wait you said Pontiac. Ok I know you're right.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Roush and Saleen cars is offered in stages you can get just a body kit version to a wild street version. You can even get track cars too.

GM/Pontiac kept to the original design of the GTO, the first factory muscle car never was offered in a V6. The pony cars were offered in V6's so thats why they still have V6's.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 03:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to sleepindirty
Quote:
ive said this time and time again to every ****stain owner that looks at me funny when I say I bought a GTO
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 03:25 PM

Amen
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 08:00 PM

Nice kill. I wonder if gearing was coming into play more so than aero at 120-135mph?

'07 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro "commuter"
'09 G37 Coupe Journey
'11 HD Street Glide 103
“The Andy Rooney of Cars”
Examiner.com

“My automotive consultant.” - Wayland Joe, 2-time SCCA Runoff Champion, exotic car owner
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 10:33 AM

Garage
Nice, and I agree with the other comments.

So a guy that's in my lab at work owns an 89 MustangGT. He tells me one day, "You should have bought a Mustang man, way cheaper and you'll just spend your whole life chasing them."
My response, "Your right dude, things do get pricey for the Goat, but chasing them my whole life? Of course I will, have you seen how many of those things are on the road?!? When I blow by one I'll just have another sitting in front of me waiting for me to blow by!!!" The whole lab ate it up
In short, Mustangs aren't rare, they're like @$$holes...everybody's got one. Hell, I think the neighbor kid has a pink PowerWheels version.

2004 M6 Yellow Jacket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in