User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question about LS2 1/4 times

Hey Everyone,

Just to let you know, I am a Mustang owner, however, I come in peace, haha.

I have much respect for the GTO, and just needed some insight to shed some light on something.

Is it possible for a Bone Stock, Full Weight 05 GTO 6Spd Manual, to run a 12.5 @ 111 regardless of the condition of the track/weather?

Want to know what I am up against when debating with another member on another forum.

I appreciate the help, and just in case, I have my flamesuit on.

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 03:30 PM

No. Stock they are not that fast. The $30 GTO dealership catalog (which I stole from the stealership when I bought my goat back in '06, mwah ha ha), claims the LS2 auto will run a 13.0 quarter to the manual's 13.2 and the auto's 0-60 in 4.6 to the manual's 4.7. Those numbers probably come from the Milford Proving Ground at 60 some degrees with 0% humidity with a small wind at their back and 20 pounds of pressure in the tires (maybe with the spare tire laying in the pits, who knows, lol). Anyways, I was one of those guys that used to believe anything in print or on tv had to be true until I started going and seeing for myself. A good driver with good track stock GTO will run mid to high 13s, maybe even a low 14.

By the way, I'm originally from northeast IL. Been to Round Lake, Greys Lake, etc. Very nice area.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyminpin View Post
No. Stock they are not that fast. The $30 GTO dealership catalog (which I stole from the stealership when I bought my goat back in '06, mwah ha ha), claims the LS2 auto will run a 13.0 quarter to the manual's 13.2 and the auto's 0-60 in 4.6 to the manual's 4.7. Those numbers probably come from the Milford Proving Ground at 60 some degrees with 0% humidity with a small wind at their back and 20 pounds of pressure in the tires (maybe with the spare tire laying in the pits, who knows, lol). Anyways, I was one of those guys that used to believe anything in print or on tv had to be true until I started going and seeing for myself. A good driver with good track stock GTO will run mid to high 13s, maybe even a low 14.

By the way, I'm originally from northeast IL. Been to Round Lake, Greys Lake, etc. Very nice area.
I agree. The person in question claims to be a phenomenal driver, and has duplicated mid 12's @ 110-111 and has also provide timeslips. I don't doubt the times, I doubt the mods/weight.

Round Lake is a very nice are. Just moved up this way from Bensenville, and before that from Mount Prospect. Born in Chicago, haha.

One of my good friends I think is a member here. He has an LS2 4A running mid 11's @ 120 in his H/C/I/Spray GTO. Pretty badass indeed.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-19-2011, 04:40 PM

A "stock" car could probably hit high 12s with some sticky Mickeys, tune, and a Svede.

But that's if you fudge the definition of "stock". I consider myself "stock".
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 12:05 AM

Cheers to the fellow 5.0 owner.

Mine is Stealth Gray. It's a base A6.

I'm also a former gTO owner and a huge GM LS motor fan.

My 2005 GTO, bone stock, went 12.895 at 109. I have had a couple 110 mph passes too. The weather was near perfect and the track conditions were great.

Typically my stock 05 GTO ran 13.1 ish. In Florida heat and humidity of summer it would run 13.3-13.5.

I've only ever seen a few with better numbers than that and no one better than a 12.8 stock.

I consider stock a car with a paper air filter and street tire that are the same width that came from the factory. No tune or exhaust changes either.

My 5.0 has run a 12.6 at 112. Typical seems to be 12.8 at 110-111.

I'm a track rat too. This year not so much, but typically I make 200 passes a year.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-20-2011, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in