Raced an 05 GTO - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 01:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Raced an 05 GTO

I got to race an 05 yesterday, WOW what an improvement over the last years!! I have a 04 srt4. We went from about 40 to 120, when we started it was a single lane that splits in to two lanes. When we got to the two lanes we were going about 75 and I managed to pull about 3 feet on him (about my front bumper to were his back bumper was) and from there it stayed dead even to 120, were we let off. Now my srt4 is not stock so donít freak out and throw up the bs flag just yet. Itís got a stage1 computer and different waste gate. I run water injection. And itís got 3 inch exh. with no cat. I had the boost set at 18psi. (Max is 21) I raced my car a few weeks back and ran a 12.71 @107.8 on slicks. The guy stopped and talked for a bit witch was very cool of him; he even let me sit in his car. Sweet ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 02:52 AM

Sounds like a good race.

How fast would a GTO have to go before the SRT4 would have to give up?
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 09:14 AM

Still hard to believe the SRT4 could even hang with the '05 GTO. I've raced several SRT4s and I can blow them out with half pedal (no I'm not kidding or boasting). The SRT4 just is not fast at all. However with a ton of mods, MAYBE it's possible on a bad day.

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapper24
Still hard to believe the SRT4 could even hang with the '05 GTO. I've raced several SRT4s and I can blow them out with half pedal (no I'm not kidding or boasting). The SRT4 just is not fast at all. However with a ton of mods, MAYBE it's possible on a bad day.
I've owned an SRT-4 and I have a 04 GTO, I must disagree with you! The SRT-4's are no slouches!!!! Maybe you don't realize how cheap the mods are he listed and the times he's running in a 4 door NEON!!! Mine was slightly faster (12.5's) but I had pretty much the same mods he does.....
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 10:50 AM

Talked to a guy with a tricked-out Evo VIII the other day. He said those SRTs are "the" car that really scare him. You just don't expect them to be that fast.
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrun64
Talked to a guy with a tricked-out Evo VIII the other day. He said those SRTs are "the" car that really scare him. You just don't expect them to be that fast.

...just talked to one of my friends who went to the street races this weekend and he said there was an SRT-4 (of which is another one of my friends) stomping the hell out of Cobras, Lightnings, and other misc cars...one of the Cobras he raced had pulleys, exhaust, headers and a 100 shot. Of course the SRT4 is spraying as well and has a bunch of sh*t done to it!
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTODEALER

...just talked to one of my friends who went to the street races this weekend and he said there was an SRT-4 (of which is another one of my friends) stomping the hell out of Cobras, Lightnings, and other misc cars...one of the Cobras he raced had pulleys, exhaust, headers and a 100 shot. Of course the SRT4 is spraying as well and has a bunch of sh*t done to it!
That Neon won't last long. The engine will go soon.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapper24
The SRT-4 is light, AWD and can fly off the line.

....but who wants to drive a Neon?
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 03:38 PM

if modded properly a neon is fast as hell, but its still a neon, i had a black one behind trying to ride my bumper, then he trys to pass me @ 75mph i dropped down to 4th and hit it, after i put about 3 or 4 cars on him (130mph) i slowed down and he did the loser fly by
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 04:50 PM

Fast is one thing, but I could not be seen in a neon. I have to at least feel good about what the car I am driving looks like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in