User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 03:06 AM
GTOMAN

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
raced a stang

I have a 05 gto it is kickass gets alot of looks . Was going down the road last night and some jerk in a 05 mustang kept wanting to go so I let it go for a few minutes then couldnt take it any longer at the next light we both stopped so I went It looked like I was just about up to him after a half a block then he walked away from me. a few miles down the road i seen him again he had that big smerk on his face like most of the mustang a--holes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
right,
post #3 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 02:14 PM

Apparently it was worked...an 05 mustang can't even walk away from an 04 GTO, none the less an 05.

post #4 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 02:28 PM
GTOMAN

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
thats why in 1 of the popular car mags they tested the 2 cars and the mustang won why is that . GTO was good a long time ago and its a fact that they turned into a grandmother car for a long time . Its pretty sad that the 05 is rated at 400 hp and still isnt faster then a stang
post #5 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-03-2005, 03:00 PM

Suffice to say your cover here as a GTslow No No owner has been blown, nice try.
post #6 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 08:01 PM

Hey There,

I'm all for being one of the GTO faithful but, the 05 GT's are pretty quick off the line even stock. I've got a buddy with an 05 GT and he's added headers, race cats X-pipe, cold air in-take, electric water pump and smaller damper pulley, 4.10 gears and and reflashed the engine computer. He cleans my clock EVERY F'ing time but I guess he should be beating me because I saw him turn very low 12's on slicks. My car is too fat I guess but I still like it.

newgoat
post #7 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgoat
Hey There,

I'm all for being one of the GTO faithful but, the 05 GT's are pretty quick off the line even stock. I've got a buddy with an 05 GT and he's added headers, race cats X-pipe, cold air in-take, electric water pump and smaller damper pulley, 4.10 gears and and reflashed the engine computer. He cleans my clock EVERY F'ing time but I guess he should be beating me because I saw him turn very low 12's on slicks. My car is too fat I guess but I still like it.

newgoat
Put the same mods on a stock 05 GTO, and you will get the same results...A FASTER CAR! Do half the mods you named above on a 05 GTO and it will beat a 05 Ford Mus'take!
post #8 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 09:48 PM

Hi,

Are you saying I should spend even more money on my car that cost almost $9,000 more than the '05 Mustang GT? My wife would kill me! Pontiac should have given me a faster car to start with, it seems like it should be faster with a claimed 400HP but I think it just weights too much. I think he said he spent $3,500 for all this stuff installed and clipped over 1.4 seconds off his 1/4 times. This is as fast or faster than the late blown Cobras but he's still NA with none of the problems of a blower car. His car runs and sounds stock! If he added a cam and ported those 3 valve heads who knows how much more power he would have? He can already kill my 05 GTO and this is making me think about what I can do to catch up, got any ideas on how I can beat him without my wife complaining about it?

My car is at least 1.2-3 seconds slower than his cheaper pony, what's with that? Maybe I should have waited and seen how fast his car turned out before jumping in like a nut and buying the 05 GTO. The GTO's interior is nicer though and I think I get slightly better hyway mileage.

Sigh... trying to get at least even.
post #9 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 09:54 PM

if you wanted a race car you should have bought one. I plan on driving my goat to Memphis this summer from Chicago, which will be a long haul. There is no way I would even attempt it in one of those little Ford s***boxes.
post #10 of 104 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgoat
Hi,

Are you saying I should spend even more money on my car that cost almost $9,000 more than the '05 Mustang GT? My wife would kill me! Pontiac should have given me a faster car to start with, it seems like it should be faster with a claimed 400HP but I think it just weights too much. I think he said he spent $3,500 for all this stuff installed and clipped over 1.4 seconds off his 1/4 times. This is as fast or faster than the late blown Cobras but he's still NA with none of the problems of a blower car. His car runs and sounds stock! If he added a cam and ported those 3 valve heads who knows how much more power he would have? He can already kill my 05 GTO and this is making me think about what I can do to catch up, got any ideas on how I can beat him without my wife complaining about it?

My car is at least 1.2-3 seconds slower than his cheaper pony, what's with that? Maybe I should have waited and seen how fast his car turned out before jumping in like a nut and buying the 05 GTO. The GTO's interior is nicer though and I think I get slightly better hyway mileage.

Sigh... trying to get at least even.

Sounds like you're turning sour on the Goat, too earliy and for the wrong reasons. Just examine the points below:

#1 - If your buddy got his 'stang for under 28K he got a truly excellent deal, because that's what the dealers are charging. So the difference out there in the real world is somethng like 2-4K, and your car is significantly faster out of the box (by .7 - .8 sec in the 1/4 being a standard deal).
#2 - His car starts out with a lower final drive, a lower first (that's why they have some jump off the line, otherwise the 4.6 is real weak on low-end torque), but no 6th gear. Therefore, you could throw in an even lower final drive than him, get a humongous increase, and still turn lower rpm on the hwy.
#3 - The money he spent just puts the two cars even price-wise (in general), and he is now tapped for external mods (other than NOS), while you haven't even started. Yes the Goat is heavier (by 200 lbs is all really), but that's natural with the IRS, better sound proofing, better materials and a generally higher quality, more substantial car). Currently he's got, at the very most, a half a second on an '05 Goat (comparing cars with slicks), probably even less. Don't be impressed or dismayed so easily man.

What color combo is your Goat? Post a pic of the beautiful brute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in