User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SLowwwwww

Why in the world am i so slow. Ha .

I have a 06 m6 gto. i have a the full slp 421 pack, fulll pedders drag suspension, with some rims.

I somehow lost to a "stock" trans am last night. i think it a 2001. its a freinds but i didnt look to much into it. but anyway. That race from from a 15 roll. first gear. Ok i jumped him by almost a full car and a half ( thanks to wider tires and drag suspense i didnt spin at all) ( and he even had some drag radials on lol) but anyways....i jumped him hard and he just started catching me. he come all the way back and eventually put half a car on me. and the exact same thing happend from a 20. now his car used to have a procharger on it with 42 pound injectors but he sold the procharger off there, but it still has the tune and injectors. he also had a 100 shot on it.... but he swore he didnt use it. Are gtos that slow to lose to a stock trans am
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 05:23 PM

Hes lying, the happy juice definitely played a role in that. especially the way you said it, you pulled hard from a slow speed (where he can't yet juice it) and then he started to pull you hard. The T/A are fast cars but its more like neck and neck than OWNAGE especially if your modded you should be all over him. Maybe you can't drive? lol.

Juice. no doubt in my mind.

Sniper.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

You know i thought about the driver mod. i have a new b&m shorthrow and kinda took it slow on the shifts.... but he granny shifted too. ok could this work out too.

I jumped him so hard because he lost traction sprying and then just caught me. Butttt he did not beat me by more than a car.... so i thought a hundred shot would be able to do more than that. but could those 42 injectors and other tune help or hurt him?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 07:35 PM

Strange results. If he had sprayed, I'd think he would've beat you a lot worse than he did. But I wouldn't think just his tune would be enough to beat you. A stock LS2 Goat and LS1 Trans Am is a driver's race, but from a roll and w/ your mods, you'd have the edge. Idk, I gaurantee he didn't spray, at least not a 100 shot, but w/ just his tune ther prolly would have had to been driver error involved to justify his win. I say just ask him, or run him again.....
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 05:51 PM

I had a 2002 Camaro SS and raced a 2005 GTO and have raced F-Bodies in my 2006 GTO. In my Camaro SS I got beat by half a car from a roll and dig. With decent driving I could usually do the same in my GTO maybe even a full car if we kept going.

Your buddy either sprayed or forgot to mention the cam he installed when he took off his S/C.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertythadirtygoat View Post
Why in the world am i so slow. Ha .

I have a 06 m6 gto. i have a the full slp 421 pack, fulll pedders drag suspension, with some rims.

I somehow lost to a "stock" trans am last night. i think it a 2001. its a freinds but i didnt look to much into it. but anyway. That race from from a 15 roll. first gear. Ok i jumped him by almost a full car and a half ( thanks to wider tires and drag suspense i didnt spin at all) ( and he even had some drag radials on lol) but anyways....i jumped him hard and he just started catching me. he come all the way back and eventually put half a car on me. and the exact same thing happend from a 20. now his car used to have a procharger on it with 42 pound injectors but he sold the procharger off there, but it still has the tune and injectors. he also had a 100 shot on it.... but he swore he didnt use it. Are gtos that slow to lose to a stock trans am
There is no way on God's green earth he is still running the same tune on a N/A car that he had for a FI car. If he told you that then he can tell you anything. Especially if you believe him.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 09:52 PM

^ Well, that's true, of course, but he may still have a tune......
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scg87 View Post
^ Well, that's true, of course, but he may still have a tune......
I understand that but he did say it still has the tune not a new one. I'm confused a bit though. He says it's a "stock" TA then he says it has a tune, 42 lb. injectors and nitrous. I think I'll leave this one alone because something isn't right.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

yea i know tell me about it. So do stock ws-6's beat stock ls2 gto's? And i didnt mention that this guy own his own shop too..... haha i know your like "well duh there ya go"... but this guy is a friend so is he just enjoying messing with me about this.... cause i really am dieing over it. (just a joke) but like i said. custom stupid single exhaust, 42 pd injectors, a airbox-lid, and a tune.... with a big ol bottle out back. and drag radials..... what the diff possiblities here.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2008, 01:06 AM

A stock WS-6 and stock LS2 Goat is a driver's race w/ the edge to the GTO. W/ equal driver's it'd be close, but the T/A would lose. And the higher the speeds climb, the worse the WS-6 would get pulled....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in