User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 04:17 AM
Vedli

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
SMOooooKED!!

I was driving home and saw a really nice black G35 doing short sprints while getting onto freeway tonight.. So to humor myself I Drift paced him for a while (allmost kissing his rear bumper).. Knowing that the G35 is only 1 sec slower then the GTO I figured that it will be fun to play with him ...

As our cars both speed up slightly .. he was still trying to sprint away from me.. A few times I drafted him and came up on his drivers side real fast to smile at him.. he had a kinda serious look on his face ... when he gunned it I could hear his engine mods screaming at me...

He aslo had a super cute asian chick in his passenger seat.. I assumed it was his girl....I drafted up to the passenger side and smiled at her... His engine then let out a scream as he downshifted and launched away from me....

Knowing this was it.. I pounded from 60-100 in 4th gear... I caught up .. then low and behold.. "WTF??? wheres 5th gear????" ... I was having so much fun .. I was trying to put the car in reverse LMFAO.. (remember im a drifter not a StreetRacer) .. at this point we were side by side going 100... when I finally realized where 5th gear was .. I slammed it into 5th .. and launched away from him like he was parked... I could see his headlights do a slight bob as he upshifted and poped his clutch trying to keep up...

100-120-140 .. I was gone .... my RPMs climbed so high so fast there was no chance for him at all .. turn after turn on the freeway ... his headlights dissappeared from my rearview mirrior so fast .. It was like I hit the NOS ....

I can only imagine what his chick was thinking... he will prob go tell all his friends now to look out for a quicksilver GTO ... LMAO

fun fun fun....

Last edited by Vedli; 12-14-2005 at 04:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 08:10 AM
big_mike

oh lord, you tried to go into R from 4th at 100mph. *smacks head*

*looks up at sky*

lord, why me???
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_mike
oh lord, you tried to go into R from 4th at 100mph. *smacks head*

*looks up at sky*

lord, why me???
Thats why you drive autos.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 08:30 AM
big_mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealernut
Thats why you drive autos.
thats why I never have such trivial problems.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 02:31 PM

Vedli,you lead a charmed life.........ba careful

Last edited by johnebgoode; 12-14-2005 at 02:41 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedli
I was driving home and saw a really nice black G35 doing short sprints while getting onto freeway tonight.. So to humor myself I Drift paced him for a while (allmost kissing his rear bumper).. Knowing that the G35 is only 1 sec slower then the GTO I figured that it will be fun to play with him ...

As our cars both speed up slightly .. he was still trying to sprint away from me.. A few times I drafted him and came up on his drivers side real fast to smile at him.. he had a kinda serious look on his face ... when he gunned it I could hear his engine mods screaming at me...

He aslo had a super cute asian chick in his passenger seat.. I assumed it was his girl....I drafted up to the passenger side and smiled at her... His engine then let out a scream as he downshifted and launched away from me....

Knowing this was it.. I pounded from 60-100 in 4th gear... I caught up .. then low and behold.. "WTF??? wheres 5th gear????" ... I was having so much fun .. I was trying to put the car in reverse LMFAO.. (remember im a drifter not a StreetRacer) .. at this point we were side by side going 100... when I finally realized where 5th gear was .. I slammed it into 5th .. and launched away from him like he was parked... I could see his headlights do a slight bob as he upshifted and poped his clutch trying to keep up...

100-120-140 .. I was gone .... my RPMs climbed so high so fast there was no chance for him at all .. turn after turn on the freeway ... his headlights dissappeared from my rearview mirrior so fast .. It was like I hit the NOS ....

I can only imagine what his chick was thinking... he will prob go tell all his friends now to look out for a quicksilver GTO ... LMAO

fun fun fun....

I so wish I had the "twins" that you have. I guess I'll have to live "vicariously" through you and the others that don't think twice about hitting 100++++. I just can't risk it. Keep it up. Love the stories. just be careful.........
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 04:19 PM

Ya know.... when I first got the car I almost went into Reverse twice... shouldn't there be a safety or something.... Will a B&M or GMM shifter fix that problem?

Nice kill
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 04:24 PM

That really suprises me that there is not a safety. I have never personally made that mistake(knocks on wood).

Good kill man.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 08:19 PM
Vedli

the wierd thing was ... it didnt let me go into R .. the shifter just kind kept blocking me from putting it in that gear.. ( could be cus I was moving so fast the gear was spinning) .. but there was no grinding gears or anything... just couldnt find 5th LOL.... If they are going to put reverse next to 5th .. they need to make it a depress reverse .. where the only way you can get into reverse is to press the shifter down .. like the german cars..
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 10:28 PM

Isn't there a selenoid that prevents reverse when the car is moving forward? I used to worry about getting reverse instead of 5th, but after bouncing it off the gate a few times, it won't engage so I don't worry about it anymore.

2004 QuickSilver GTO
M6
Stock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in