SRT-8 Drum roll please...... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SRT-8 Drum roll please......

Ok, before I get started go ahead and tell me everything he needed to "blow my doors" because all I want to do is tell my side of these 80+ MPH kicks with this getto looking SRT-8 predator.

Drum roll from all GTO's. SRT-8's, 350Z's, Mustang GT's sit quietly until I'm finished K and try not to tell us everything that could have happened that didn't and why it should have if it had been anything other than what I'm going to say.....in relation to RWH, cubic inches, automatics, or just plain can't pull you pants up high enough to mash the gas...

Now that I have your attention, I know many that drive these HEMI's are drolling about now, especially those that have the fastest cars on the planet.

I'm getting on the Interstate and I notice this Chrysler and Mustang GT moving quite swiftly down one lane, the Mustang of course on the tail wing of this HEMI. I decide to go ahead and wind 3rd out to catch up with the GT and low and behold, I finally get to meet a real HEMI. I begin pulling up beside him in 3rd, steady, and suddenly without notice I hear a growl from what appeared to be 3" exhaust and could barely see the little red badge on the trunk. I hit the rev limiter to get a closer look as he was trying to leave both of us, bang 4th (traction control on of course) and I was able to get very close look at his rear end. (The Mustang ran out of steam at 100 and sorry to say could not keep up so I moved into position behind him seeing he wasn't going to wait for me to get even.) I stood on the gas, he obviously didn't want me close but so sorry and too bad, he could not pull away. After a few lane changes I gave him the same no chance, I was able to get in front of the word HEMI and noticed he had a small problem, he couldn't get around me. He made a few lane changes, we both were on the brakes at times and stomping the h&{{ out of it over and over, (we made several 80, 90 and 100 mile kicks.) For some reason I was in front again and again. Kind of like "the flag was still there?" I was impressed that the old goat could hold off this mean sounding SRT-8 and I have to say, it was a dead heat. (I wish mine sounded better)

The way this thing sounded, I thought I was going to get my butt kicked as stated by many that drive these things, I was not impressed that he couldn't gain any ground or pull on me.

Now, rip me a new one, I know those that don't own GTO's have a complete explanation as to why this rolling fridge couldn't do any better than that....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 02:10 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to EEZ GOAT
lucky you to get a run with an srt-8. round here they are few and far between. i all ways kill the 5.7 hemi. nice way to show out. i love it when they think they can put some space
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 02:41 PM

Lawrenceville? I work in Lawrenceville. Live in Flowery Branch. I see alot of the Hemi chargers around. Not many SRT-8's. Good to hear you stood up against one.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintmisbehavinn View Post
Ok, before I get started go ahead and tell me everything he needed to "blow my doors" because all I want to do is tell my side of these 80+ MPH kicks with this getto looking SRT-8 predator.

Drum roll from all GTO's. SRT-8's, 350Z's, Mustang GT's sit quietly until I'm finished K and try not to tell us everything that could have happened that didn't and why it should have if it had been anything other than what I'm going to say.....in relation to RWH, cubic inches, automatics, or just plain can't pull you pants up high enough to mash the gas...

Now that I have your attention, I know many that drive these HEMI's are drolling about now, especially those that have the fastest cars on the planet.

I'm getting on the Interstate and I notice this Chrysler and Mustang GT moving quite swiftly down one lane, the Mustang of course on the tail wing of this HEMI. I decide to go ahead and wind 3rd out to catch up with the GT and low and behold, I finally get to meet a real HEMI. I begin pulling up beside him in 3rd, steady, and suddenly without notice I hear a growl from what appeared to be 3" exhaust and could barely see the little red badge on the trunk. I hit the rev limiter to get a closer look as he was trying to leave both of us, bang 4th (traction control on of course) and I was able to get very close look at his rear end. (The Mustang ran out of steam at 100 and sorry to say could not keep up so I moved into position behind him seeing he wasn't going to wait for me to get even.) I stood on the gas, he obviously didn't want me close but so sorry and too bad, he could not pull away. After a few lane changes I gave him the same no chance, I was able to get in front of the word HEMI and noticed he had a small problem, he couldn't get around me. He made a few lane changes, we both were on the brakes at times and stomping the h&{{ out of it over and over, (we made several 80, 90 and 100 mile kicks.) For some reason I was in front again and again. Kind of like "the flag was still there?" I was impressed that the old goat could hold off this mean sounding SRT-8 and I have to say, it was a dead heat. (I wish mine sounded better)

The way this thing sounded, I thought I was going to get my butt kicked as stated by many that drive these things, I was not impressed that he couldn't gain any ground or pull on me.

Now, rip me a new one, I know those that don't own GTO's have a complete explanation as to why this rolling fridge couldn't do any better than that....
I've never hit the limiter in my car, but from what I've heard, the fuel to the engine is shutoff. So if you shift to a higher gear, how quickly does the fuel begin to flow?

K&N FIPK | Borla Stinger Cat-Back | Bassani CATTED XPIPE | Fluidyne H/E | MM C/C Plates | Eibach Pro Lowering Kit | B&M STS | Whipple 2.3L | Accufab SBTB | Metco Idler Pulley | Spec Stage 2+ | DiabloSport MAFia | Ford GT Pumps
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Where the women are scarce and the sheep are scared. So. Cali
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Okay I've read the story. Was it the 5.7 HEMI or the 6.1 liter SRT-8? You speak of both. Based on you pulling away from it I'd guess it was the 5.7 HEMI because the SRT-8 top out around 170 mph.

~I'm ya huckleberry~
~516rwhp/500rwtq~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC11NCGTEvI
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 09:59 PM
formerly NJGoat

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I love it!!!

I've seen only one black SRT-8 on the road!!! Haven't had the chance to entertain yet. I've seen a few charger hemi's. No one ever wants to play with the goat! I've had several mustangs in front and behind me, no bites yet!!! The goat is just waitin' for it's first real kill!!!! By the way, great story!!! I adjusted my speed limiter to the highest level!! I don't want to get caught in that situation.!

2009 Pontiac G8 GT Liquid Red, sport & premium pkg, Lloyd floor mats, Pontiac trunk liner, mobil 1 plus Z-Max, VG sharkfin antenna, Volant CAI, Superchips Cortex 93 octane Volant tune, Solo -Performance axle-back exhaust, Solo X pipe, BP-catchcan

Last edited by NJG8GT; 01-10-2008 at 09:31 AM.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-09-2008, 11:55 PM

Usually those hemi's do a fly by at 90 when i'm just cruising.Just waiting for one to pull up next to me even.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6QTS11OZ View Post
Okay I've read the story. Was it the 5.7 HEMI or the 6.1 liter SRT-8? You speak of both. Based on you pulling away from it I'd guess it was the 5.7 HEMI because the SRT-8 top out around 170 mph.
I really couldn't tell, it wasn't a 300C, we didn't have enough road, I didn't see any ID badges except for the one in red on the right rear SRT8 wing thingy doodle. I was so caught up in getting on his door I hit the rev limiter twice. The way he held me off makes me think he must have been the 6.1, the 5.7 would have had to have been modded somewhat as I'm running with a Vengenance tune. WE couldn't gain any ground on either car. As far as pulling away, I should clarify this by saying I don't think I pulled away as I looked in my mirror and he was back there about 2 cars and stayed the same distance at all times as I speed shifted the traction control however he was never able to get into gluing position on my bumper like I did did him (driver error?.) When he had his two chances to "leave me behind" in single file, I was able to glue myself to his rear end but did not ever let off the gas (at all.) I didn't have the power to get around so I opped for the back seat, we were dead even....I'm going with the 6.1 with at least great exhaust, I got to hand it to him for trying. After he realized I wasn't a Mustang a minute and blow by GTO's are not allowed, he shut it down and wouldn't play anymore.

Last edited by aintmisbehavinn; 01-11-2008 at 07:17 PM.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Venom View Post
I've never hit the limiter in my car, but from what I've heard, the fuel to the engine is shutoff. So if you shift to a higher gear, how quickly does the fuel begin to flow?
Great question, it probably killed me, I got to get a light or something. My blood boils and I can't take my eyes off the road...
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOsarge View Post
Lawrenceville? I work in Lawrenceville. Live in Flowery Branch. I see alot of the Hemi chargers around. Not many SRT-8's. Good to hear you stood up against one.
Thanks, if you ever see the grey one, be prepared, he's packing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in