Stock Goat vs Modded Mustang GT - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Stock Goat vs Modded Mustang GT

Tonight my buddy and I decided to go cruising. He drives a 2002 Mustang GT. As far as mods hes got: K&N CAI, throttle body and intake plenum, headers, full Exhaust with X pipe, Predator tune, short throw shifter and some FAT 315's on the rear. Looks and sounds BAD. They claim his car is making about 350hp. I rode in it a couple of nights before we actually raced and was a little scared that hed get me. We went from a roll several times tonight from about 40-45mph. Each time I pulled three cars on him by 90. He said he hates how fast my car is stock haha. I drive an 06 GTO M6. My mods are an AEM CAI and h-pipe with resonator delete. No tune.

We went from a dig once...Beat him by even more that time. He was spinning bad though. Not sure if those cars have LSD's or not.

I was thoroughly impressed with the Goat's performance tonight because so far this was the first REAL race with a REAL challenge. My dyno tune is this month so that should be fun. LOVE it.

Last edited by WanaGTO; 02-13-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 01:29 AM
REX

Nice!
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 04:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to Aramz06
Nice kill, I'd think it would have been a much closer race.

-LSS Shifter
-Resonator Delete
-Flowmaster 44 Series Mufflers

1 of 475

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 07:10 AM

Nice run.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 09:41 AM

nice, funny he had that bad a of a traction problem w/ the 315s, the couple of people I know with GTs similar to what u described never really impressed me. Not untill the one got a blower, and the other got a 100 shot.

1966 GTO bored 389 Tri-Power, Powerglide(#'s Match)

{GTO, Lariat, Galaxie, Glastron, & Yamaha} -Tyler-
PURDUE AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE ASSOCIATION PRESIDENT
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramz06 View Post
Nice kill, I'd think it would have been a much closer race.
Maybe my Goat is a factory freak! Wouldn't that be awesome! I doubt it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Power View Post
nice, funny he had that bad a of a traction problem w/ the 315s, the couple of people I know with GTs similar to what u described never really impressed me. Not untill the one got a blower, and the other got a 100 shot.
Thats just the thing. When I rode in it, and drove it when he first got it....I was def impressed. Scared even! It def, has a lower torque band and feels faster than my car. Could be the overwhelming exhaust volume. THING IS LOUD. Anyhow, I won by a considerable enough margin to say that between his car and my car is NOT a driver's race. My car is def quicker.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 07:28 PM

Nice kill and did he ever get his car dynoed to see what his car is actually pumping out? Stock those mustangs are rated at 260-265 hp with similar torque numbers but they really don't have that. I'm sure with the mods he has on there it might have 300+ hp which is still less than what a stock LS1 or LS2 GTO produce. One of my buddies had the same year GT with a few mods similar to those like your friends and it felt quick cause its a smaller and lighter car but never raced him with it since he sold that car.

Was he talking a lot of smack about his car and that he would smoke your GTO?
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 10:59 PM

Nice. I would have thought he would need gears to make it interesting anyway.

'07 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro "commuter"
'09 G37 Coupe Journey
'11 HD Street Glide 103
“The Andy Rooney of Cars”
Examiner.com

“My automotive consultant.” - Wayland Joe, 2-time SCCA Runoff Champion, exotic car owner
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 05:47 PM

I really doubt that he had 350+hp out of that car thats a gain of almost 100hp just with bolt ons. I drove my friends 04 Mustang GT with CAI, mid-pipes, catback and 315's on the rear. That car was still gutless compared to my GTO back when I had a few bolt ons. I think he had around 300hp at the crank best.

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg04gto View Post
Nice kill and did he ever get his car dynoed to see what his car is actually pumping out? Stock those mustangs are rated at 260-265 hp with similar torque numbers but they really don't have that. I'm sure with the mods he has on there it might have 300+ hp which is still less than what a stock LS1 or LS2 GTO produce. One of my buddies had the same year GT with a few mods similar to those like your friends and it felt quick cause its a smaller and lighter car but never raced him with it since he sold that car.

Was he talking a lot of smack about his car and that he would smoke your GTO?
No he wasn't talking any smack. He has a lot of a respect for my goat. He loves my car. Before we even raced, he told me that he wouldn't be surprised if I beat him while I was stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm4life View Post
I really doubt that he had 350+hp out of that car thats a gain of almost 100hp just with bolt ons. I drove my friends 04 Mustang GT with CAI, mid-pipes, catback and 315's on the rear. That car was still gutless compared to my GTO back when I had a few bolt ons. I think he had around 300hp at the crank best.
If you're friend was making near 300hp with just those mods, I dont think it sounds so unlikely that my buddies car is close to 350....even if that is a little optimistic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in