User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-08-2005, 12:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Whiteshadow
Thought I'd post a couple "kills"

These are just a random collection I've been gathering over the past few months of ownership! My car was bone stock when all of these races took place, now just this last weekend I installed the Corsa catback on the car... (as if that's going to make much difference )

Kill #1
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege with upgrades (big turbo, exhaust, boost controller, other little things)

Went from a second gear pull, took off at the same time, and I instantly pulled a car on him. Obviously being boosted he had a little lag, but by the time I got deep into third gear, I was about 4 cars ahead. Finally I shut down in 4th gear and about 5 cars ahead.

Kill#2
2003 Mustang GT with boltons (Intake, exhaust, computer tune, and drag radials.)

From a stop, he took me out of the hole by a little over a car. (I didn't do a burnout, he ofcourse roasted the tires for a few seconds to get heat in the drag radials) Anyways, he pulls out to a little over a car length lead, when I hop into second gear and pull right back even with him. At the top of second gear, I mis-shift getting into third (whoops) which allowed him to gain the car length advantage back. At the top of third, I was past him again, and continued to pull away until I shut down around 130mph. We ran three times, with the same result... Yes, the first race I didn't even take off on the third honk, I flat out wasn't paying attention. And yes, I also missed 3rd gear twice.

Kill#3
2004 Mustang Mach 1 with boltons (exhaust, chip, intake (I believe))

After a fun night of go-karting in Des Moines, we took off to go see a buddy's 700 horse Cobra. We had talked about a roll on race on the way over there, so we just waited for a good stretch of road to come... and then there it was. I dropped to third, and I believe he was down in second, possibly third gear. Anyways, we beeped three times, and took off. I got the jump, to about a car. The Ls1 is super-responsive, it's amazing. Anyways, I ran through 4th gear, 5th gear, and I shut down at about 155mph after I had grabbed 6th. I had about two-three cars on him, that was it! He said he was doing around 140-145 when I shut down, but he was hanging right in there. It was fun!

Anyways, I don't normally race on the street, but all three of these guys were good buddies of mine, and we just decided to do it for kicks and giggles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in