Time to settle this! - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Time to settle this!

I've been reading on some other forums that all these Cobra owners are saying that a stock Cobra can destroy a 05 GTO. Well a buddy of mine owns a stock 03 Cobra, been trying to get him to race , he says he will but we just haven't got together yet. I'm calling him right now and to tell him to meet me at the track tonight for the "test and tune"!!!! If he shows up I'll let you know how it turns out!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameover
I've been reading on some other forums that all these Cobra owners are saying that a stock Cobra can destroy a 05 GTO. Well a buddy of mine owns a stock 03 Cobra, been trying to get him to race , he says he will but we just haven't got together yet. I'm calling him right now and to tell him to meet me at the track tonight for the "test and tune"!!!! If he shows up I'll let you know how it turns out!!
Hell yeah!!!!! Let us know how it goes!!!!!
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 05:28 PM

I hate to say it, but if the driver of the Cobra is good, it'll probably pull the GTO. It won't "destroy" it, but it'll pull a carlength or two on it is my guess.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 06:01 PM

If he starts to pull on you, just steer into his lane....he'll back down!!
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 07:34 PM

lookin for fellow goats

just moved to greenville S.C. I have seen one other GTO and it was leaving the other way,,,this place is Bimmer heaven(BMW has a big distribution plant here),,,GTO dealer,,any ideas on where to find a reputable go shop or dealership for repairs? really very few performance cars arond me,,think I saw an old Z28 yesterday,,,,,,
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTODEALER
If he starts to pull on you, just steer into his lane....he'll back down!!
Goats are mean like that so it would just be a natural thing to do.
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtmpdgoat
just moved to greenville S.C. I have seen one other GTO and it was leaving the other way,,,this place is Bimmer heaven(BMW has a big distribution plant here),,,GTO dealer,,any ideas on where to find a reputable go shop or dealership for repairs? really very few performance cars arond me,,think I saw an old Z28 yesterday,,,,,,

Waitaminnit.

You're in "Bimmer heaven" yet thereare "Really very few performance cars arond me?"

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameover
I ran a stock 03 Cobra a week ago. He took me out of the hole. I quickly caught him. At the end it was still me, but he was running faster and gaining. The air was not good that night, so we were both way off our bests. My car is not broken in yet too.
From what I have seen, the Cobra varies a lot. I went to an SVT event at Quaker City Raceway in September of 2003 with a group of invited GM guys. Bone stock they varied from 13.3 to 14.2. The temp was high and everyone was off by .2-.3. I managed a 13.75 in my bone stock 02' Z28.
Two things to remember, 1 for a $1000 bucks in mods he will run mid 11's, 2 His car is still a Mustang. Your car is competition for a BMW or Mercedes.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho
Waitaminnit.

You're in "Bimmer heaven" yet thereare "Really very few performance cars arond me?"

In places other than California BMW = Snob car that people baby and drive real slow so everyone sees them. F-body/Mustang = Performance car, or better yet a Hemi pickup. Hope that clears this up for you Groucho.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtmpdgoat
Try www.scfyb.com. They can help with a local dealer recommendation.

As far as performance shops, there are several in Atlanta. Around you, there is Hawks Third Gen (they do LS1 work as well) and in Charlotte there is MORE Performance and F-body motorsports.

For tuning and great installation, you have to go to Durham NC. Jeff at Carolina AutoMasters is the best in the area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in