Took Down A 08 GT500 and an 09 GT - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 04:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Took Down A 08 GT500 and an 09 GT

On my way to work a gt 500 pulled up next to me and gave me a rev, light turned green and we were off i took him up to 70 and we both let off, he gave me a thumbs up and we were on our way, im pretty sure he would of taken me top end since hes got 100 more horsies and i only have an A4 but reguardless he probably feels like a punk for getting beat to 70... Two days before that i raced the new mustang GT's this guy was cocky ass hell driving like an ass to catch up to me, when he finally lines up at a 45mph roll , he gets the doors blown off of him. I guarantee he went to trade that thing right back in for somethin else. I HATE FORD but i LOVE SMOKING THEM! - 05 A4 with Lingefelter Intake, Magnaflow X Pipe to 3 inch Pipes To Flowmasters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-15-2009, 02:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Aramz06
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoat91 View Post
On my way to work a gt 500 pulled up next to me and gave me a rev, light turned green and we were off i took him up to 70 and we both let off, he gave me a thumbs up and we were on our way, im pretty sure he would of taken me top end since hes got 100 more horsies and i only have an A4 but reguardless he probably feels like a punk for getting beat to 70... Two days before that i raced the new mustang GT's this guy was cocky ass hell driving like an ass to catch up to me, when he finally lines up at a 45mph roll , he gets the doors blown off of him. I guarantee he went to trade that thing right back in for somethin else. I HATE FORD but i LOVE SMOKING THEM! - 05 A4 with Lingefelter Intake, Magnaflow X Pipe to 3 inch Pipes To Flowmasters
In this case, you beat the driver obviously. Especially considering you launched on him and took him to 70. Hes driving a supercharged car with a solid rear axle... he definitely should have walked you from 0 to 70. With your mods its still unlikely that your car can beat his. If you were ahead of him from 0-70, chances are you will stay ahead once you hit tripe digit speeds. Good kill nonetheless.

-LSS Shifter
-Resonator Delete
-Flowmaster 44 Series Mufflers

1 of 475

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 06:13 PM

Agreed, classic better 60ft than him. Nice.

'07 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro "commuter"
'09 G37 Coupe Journey
'11 HD Street Glide 103
“The Andy Rooney of Cars”
Examiner.com

“My automotive consultant.” - Wayland Joe, 2-time SCCA Runoff Champion, exotic car owner

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

ya i dont think so, the gt500's are 0-60 in 4.5 to 4.6 , thats a stock goat, i think goats are just more kickass especially for the money
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 01:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to Aramz06
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoat91 View Post
ya i dont think so, the gt500's are 0-60 in 4.5 to 4.6 , thats a stock goat, i think goats are just more kickass especially for the money
Your right about goats being a better bang for the buck. The GT500 is extremely heavy, over 2 tons with a driver. The 0-60 is 4.5, but don't forget the 1/4 mile.
Stock it runs 12.7 at 116, and although with a 500 hp supercharged engine its not too fast, it still beats our stock goats. The fact is, at those speeds half a second is quite a number of cars apart from you.

-LSS Shifter
-Resonator Delete
-Flowmaster 44 Series Mufflers

1 of 475

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 01:22 PM

way to piss on his parade!!! OP NICE KILL!! I too have killed 3 GT500's. I am still waiting to race a "fast" one here in town.

05 GTO A4
98 Corvette A4
06 Trailblazer SS
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 09:23 PM

It's not pissing on anyones parade. Anyone that thinks a lightly modded LS1 is gonna beat a GT500 with equal drivers is just silly! I've beaten many cars at the track that were way faster than me. A Zo6 for instance. I know for a fact the Zo6 is the better car but I was the better driver. I think it's more satisfying to beat the driver. Then just have the fastest car.

SRT-4 Stage 3
[email protected],
Best trap 120.60
Best sixty 1.68
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

i dont have an ls1 blue beast, i have a ls2 with a lingenfelter intake, magnaflow x pipe, flowmaster exhaust, and bfg kd's which combined with my a4 make my car jump off the line real quick,and ya trap speed is different, but around town you dont usually arce for a quarter mile, so therefore gt500's blow
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 11:59 PM

Given a choice I'd prefer to race at the track. Safer and no chance of some cop ruining your fun but to each their own. Sorry bout calling your car a Ls1. (not that the ls1s are a bad car) Seen A4 and thought you ment 04.

SRT-4 Stage 3
[email protected],
Best trap 120.60
Best sixty 1.68
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

its all good and so would i , but im not going to drive an hour to pay money to drive fast and still have to wait for only a couple runs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in