Tune finished, raced an 05.... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tune finished, raced an 05....

Well, finally got the tune worked out, and all I can say is HOLY SH*T! This thing is friggin' awesome! I was leaving the shop and saw a Quicksilver goat, thought it was 04gtolover (2 cars behind him and couldn't see the exhaust tips), sped up to get next to him and low and behold it's an 05 with l.t.'s and cat back........ we talked at the next stop sign and he wanted to run me from a 20 punch, I agreed and off we went..... hehehehehehe, yep by third I was 4 1/2 cars ahead and still pulling strong! I slowed and he was shocked, said he's never been outran before..... then he said he was spinning and wanted to go from a 40 roll..... hehehehehehe, this time I was 5+ cars out and let off again! He was just blown away at the performance and just when I thought the guy was being cool he accused me of running the bottle, needless to say I asked him to pull over and I would show him I'm not on the juice, he said I was full of sh*t and that no car was that fast on just "motor"..... oh well, another win for me and another jackass on the road! Just thought I'd share.

Last edited by 05GTO; 09-19-2005 at 05:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTODEALER
Well, finally got the tune worked out, and all I can say is HOLY SH*T! This thing is friggin' awesome! I was leaving the shop and saw a Quicksilver goat, thought it was 04gtolover (2 cars behind him and couldn't see the exhaust tips), sped up to get next to him and low and behold it's an 05 with l.t.'s and cat back........ we talked at the next stop sign and he wanted to run me from a 20 punch, I agreed and off we went..... hehehehehehe, yep by third I was 4 1/2 cars ahead and still pulling strong! I slowed and he was shocked, said he's never been outran before..... then he said he was spinning and wanted to go from a 40 roll..... hehehehehehe, this time I was 5+ cars out and let off again! He was just blown away at the performance and just when I thought the guy was being cool he accused me of running the bottle, needless to say I asked him to pull over and I would show him I'm not on the juice, he said I was full of sh*t and that no car was that fast on just "motor"..... oh well, another win for me and another jackass on the road! Just thought I'd share.

P.S. I realize I put this in the parts for sale thread instead of racing...... 05GTO can you move this please.....
So what have you got now?
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 05:12 PM

I need more info!

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-19-2005, 07:31 PM

What a total dork. You would think that another GTO owner would be cool and not give you a hard time. Wow, that man should have his GTO confiscated and given to someone like GTO for Life.

Hey Steve, did you check out my thread in here, the one where I raced the Cobra? Tell me what you think of that one. I have a feeling that with the new tires I am getting tomorrow (Yoko AVS 100s) and the K&N it will be a much better race for me
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevnR6
What a total dork. You would think that another GTO owner would be cool and not give you a hard time. Wow, that man should have his GTO confiscated and given to someone like GTO for Life.

Hey Steve, did you check out my thread in here, the one where I raced the Cobra? Tell me what you think of that one. I have a feeling that with the new tires I am getting tomorrow (Yoko AVS 100s) and the K&N it will be a much better race for me
Guy was an ass! I did see your post and that was a damn good race, AVS 100's are awesome (that's what I had for street tires on the SRT-4), matched with a cai (that I did ship btw....) should be better!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMVorbeck
So what have you got now?
Well, I can't figure out how the hell to get the vid of the car on here.... I'm a little old school when it comes to naming my mods (don't flame me for this...) but I will tell you the specs on the cam, duration @ .050 intake-237 exhaust-242, gross lift intake-.603 exhaust-.609 113lsa, better known as friggin' huge and choppy! The cars pull hard as hell to 7k rpm redline and chirps 4th (yes, it chirps 4th ) a lot of people say it's impossible to do that in a goat.... I'll give those people a ride! The only thing I have left to do (to get me into the mid-10's) is gears and the rest of the suspension work..... and I'm gonna put a little shot on it (just to make sure).
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 02:50 PM
1badgto

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
steve ya know u'r a good friend and all but u'r no match for me
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badgto
steve ya know u'r a good friend and all but u'r no match for me
You're right.... low 13's is hard to beat.....
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTODEALER
Well, I can't figure out how the hell to get the vid of the car on here.... I'm a little old school when it comes to naming my mods (don't flame me for this...) but I will tell you the specs on the cam, duration @ .050 intake-237 exhaust-242, gross lift intake-.603 exhaust-.609 113lsa, better known as friggin' huge and choppy! The cars pull hard as hell to 7k rpm redline and chirps 4th (yes, it chirps 4th ) a lot of people say it's impossible to do that in a goat.... I'll give those people a ride! The only thing I have left to do (to get me into the mid-10's) is gears and the rest of the suspension work..... and I'm gonna put a little shot on it (just to make sure).
Just a cam and some suspension mods? Thats it?
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMVorbeck
Just a cam and some suspension mods? Thats it?
No.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in