Welded - Turbo BMW 335i - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welded - Turbo BMW 335i

Since I do most of my driving on the interstate highway, I get entangled with those rich punks that like do drivebys at 95 mph and want a good kick somewhere between 100 and 150. Today I had the opportunity to weld the doors shut on a new Turbo 335i. I thought these BMW's had more power (ok, tell me about how bad the M3 and 5 is) but interesting enough with all that hype, thin lines, mirror finish, and tent windows it just wasn't enough to get over on the goat. I'm driving along in my economy 6th gear and I happen up on some rolling road blocks riding 60 in the fast lane. Little did I know the punk in front of me in the Beamer (I could see my reflection in the wax job) was impatient and the Mercedes in from of him more impatient. We all got to follow a damn van full of mexicans with 40 foot ladders stacked 10 foot high strapped on top. Once they managed to pass one more car an opening appeared and the BMW made a stellar stomp on the gas, not sure what happen to the Mercedes, up the right side, trying to pull away. Goat was already angry in 4th at 75 (est), so I mashed the motor so I could breath in some more cats from the turbo WMB. He jumped back over in the left lane, I followed and passed one more car on my right. By this time, I think I was tacking nice in 4th getting on the gas and letting out, trying not to push his a$$, just to get another toke on the stinking cat breath. Goat got pissed when the right lane opened up, I pulled to the right, shifted into 5th, and happily pulled up beside him and began to grab some fresh air. It was so good, I looked over and he was glued to the road, wouldn't look over. As I made my move around him, I thought "what is this a Mustang?" After I walked the dog around him (you know, one of those extended leashes), a birds eye on him in my rear view, I shifted into my economy gear (that's 6th as stated and defined in this forum) and put some distance on him. I thought geeez, what an idiot. Actually I thought I was an idiot for wasting good 93 octane. I began to let out of it after 150 and here he come, thinking he was going to do a flyby. Sorry, not today, I gave her a shift down to 5th and it was over a second time.

I got to say, that was the most pleasurable weld job I've had since the flowmasters. It sure relieves the tension after a hard day at the office. It's nice knowing that sometimes I can drop her down below the best torque and horsepower stats claimed by every geek in the tuning arena, place her in economy mode, 6th, and still weld doors completely shut. It just feels good to motor right around and say "See ya". All for a mere $29000.

I really believe that this puppy stock does quite a good job leaving the competition, if you want to call it that. I can only imagine what it will be like when I get with the mods.

Last edited by aintmisbehavinn; 10-31-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 04:17 PM

Nice kill. What MB was it that couldn't/wouldn't play?

A 335i with a tune would be a great race for an LS2 GTO. Sounds like that was probably a stocker.

Judging by your prose, you have a name for your car now, don't you? Come on, admit it! What is it?

'07 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro "commuter"
'09 G37 Coupe Journey
'11 HD Street Glide 103
“The Andy Rooney of Cars”
Examiner.com

“My automotive consultant.” - Wayland Joe, 2-time SCCA Runoff Champion, exotic car owner
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 05:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to JerseyGoat
those 335i's with a tune and exhaust can run high twelves. But stock theyre a tiny bit slower than the last gen M3

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 05:42 PM

Makes me think it's a woman writing???.......

"Thats a 3rd degree burn!"
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 03:49 PM

Wait, so a 400hp car is faster than a 300hp car?!?!!? WTF??? I'm pretty sure BMW didn't engineer the 335 w/ slaughtering GTO's in freeway runs in mind.

But nice kill anyways.......
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

I dunno, the nut driving it thought so. It was fun. Can't wait to get another wiff.

Wait, so it is turbo charged, faster than a Mustang, WTF???????? I'm pretty sure Ford didn't intend on slaughtering the GTO either but punks still act like idiots and GTO's freely blow doors.

Hmmm wonder what the Pontiac engineer has in store for us next. Maybe they are thinking on attacking the M5. O or wait a minute, did I say it has more than 500 horses?

Maybe I can engineer something for BMW, Ford, or Toyota? What a concept. Have you had your doors blown lately?

Last edited by aintmisbehavinn; 11-01-2007 at 05:59 PM.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintmisbehavinn View Post
I dunno, the nut driving it thought so. It was fun. Can't wait to get another wiff.

Wait, so it is turbo charged, faster than a Mustang, WTF???????? I'm pretty sure Ford didn't intend on slaughtering the GTO either but punks still act like idiots and GTO's freely blow doors.

Hmmm wonder what the Pontiac engineer has in store for us next. Maybe they are thinking on attacking the M5. O or wait a minute, did I say it has more than 500 horses?

Maybe I can engineer something for BMW, Ford, or Toyota? What a concept. Have you had your doors blown lately?
I don't get it.

'07 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro "commuter"
'09 G37 Coupe Journey
'11 HD Street Glide 103
“The Andy Rooney of Cars”
Examiner.com

“My automotive consultant.” - Wayland Joe, 2-time SCCA Runoff Champion, exotic car owner
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scg87 View Post
Wait, so a 400hp car is faster than a 300hp car?!?!!? WTF??? I'm pretty sure BMW didn't engineer the 335 w/ slaughtering GTO's in freeway runs in mind.

I didn't understand this either, sorry....
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintmisbehavinn View Post
I didn't understand this either, sorry....

I was just messin w/ ya. I was sarcastically implying that you seemed surprised to beat a car w/ 100hp less than you. Then I was trying to point out that BMW didn't design the car w/ just straight-line performance in mind. That's all.

And no, I haven't had my doors blown off at all, my Audi is far too slow to go picking stoplight brawls w/ people.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 11-03-2007, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

The beamer was so clean and blacked out, I thought he would at least have something under the hood. I really didn't know what it would do but I couldn't resist the feeling of placing that pontiac emblem right in the "objects are closer than they appear" section of the mirror.

In hicktown GA, some of these guys just like to give it a try. I really need to start driving right and stop the BS, this case I couldn't resist.

Last time I jumped on something that I thought wasn't anything, a VW, I was in for quite of a surprise. VW was in my "objects are to closer than they appear" section of my mirror. It was a great dual. I was hoping for the same here but obviously, all show no go.

Last edited by aintmisbehavinn; 11-03-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in