Whats the big deal?... - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Whats the big deal?...

If the GTO is truly the performance car thats talked about here....it amazes me of the "chest pounding" that goes on about beating inferior cars in a street race. With all due respect, the corvette group doesn't or about smoking an Eclipse or Honda....So a vette beats the 05 'Stang.... SOOOO What?

Whats the big deal that a GTO beats a Mits Eclipse, Mustang, or the ricer that thinks his Sh** don't stink????

(Its NOT impressive to be able to beat up the smaller kid(s) in the neighborhood...thats being a bully! If you are going to "fight" , pick on someone your own size... or bigger!!!! )

Too many people with fast AND slow cars want to race! Pick your spots...while being SAFE...and have fun against a vette, charger, M3, etc. Now thats a race!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaVette
If the GTO is truly the performance car thats talked about here....it amazes me of the "chest pounding" that goes on about beating inferior cars in a street race. With all due respect, the corvette group doesn't or about smoking an Eclipse or Honda....So a vette beats the 05 'Stang.... SOOOO What?

Whats the big deal that a GTO beats a Mits Eclipse, Mustang, or the ricer that thinks his Sh** don't stink????

(Its NOT impressive to be able to beat up the smaller kid(s) in the neighborhood...thats being a bully! If you are going to "fight" , pick on someone your own size... or bigger!!!! )

Too many people with fast AND slow cars want to race! Pick your spots...while being SAFE...and have fun against a vette, charger, M3, etc. Now thats a race!
I agree somewhat and I own a GTO unlike alot of people on this forum . Of course the median age of the corvette group is probably very different than here. The safest way is to roll down your window and setup a date for your local racetrack (but how many drivers has that happened to...). It doesn't help that every car ad shows their vehicle in some racing mode on streets/roads with no other cars and driven by professional drivers. And isn't NASCAR the fastest growing Sport in the USA. Some of the attaction of any forum is that you can be who are not in real life and say whatever you feel like saying. (look at the number of members that don't put down where they live.) The Country is at WAR and the cost of living hits alot of people hard - its suprising the roads aren't like Mad MAx... oh wait I forgot I-75 and I-95 . Street Racing is part of our heritage and always relative to the price of gas...

Last edited by Xcommuter; 08-11-2005 at 04:16 PM.
post #3 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

"Of course the median age of the corvette group is probably very different than here."

That very well may be true

post #4 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 04:25 PM

Typical age of a vette driver would have to be 45+
A guess - typical age of a goat driver is 20+

I can say that when I had my goat, I never openly challenged any ricers or slower cars in general. However, if they started throwing me all the signs that they thought they could take me, well, I wasn't afraid to lay it on. But there is definately no way that I would go out purposely looking for a car half as fast as mine to race - that's just a waste of gas
post #5 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 04:48 PM

Well for one I keep all my racing at the track, then again Im 41 so that would put me on the high end of Goat drivers but would never even consider a Vette even if it was the fastest thing on earth. Phallic symbol of a car if there ever was one.
post #6 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
I do not go out looking for a race. I just cannot justify the points, suspended license, and a hefty donation to the Governor. Just ain't worth it.

I know what I got, the other driver knows what I got, and I don't have to prove what the car has..... They already know.

I agree with most of what Vette says, HOWEVER.......

The few times I got it on, was because some imbecile comes up and challenges me. Whether it was the 73 nova' or riced up ricer, or the stang that was taunting me, I keep my cool.

There are times when these morons who insist on pinching you in the ass, just piss you off enough to shut them the hell up.

President: GTO Association of America
www.gtoaa.org

post #7 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
but would never even consider a Vette even if it was the fastest thing on earth. Phallic symbol of a car if there ever was one.
Good One
post #8 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

"There are times when these morons who insist on pinching you in the ass, just piss you off enough to shut them the hell up."

I hear you....we all have moods/situations that we lose rational or common sense and decide to just kick some butt!!!

However, thats much different , IMO, than smoking a car and then bragging about it on a forum!...I guess thats my point. If your GTO comes across a mustang...blow him away! Go for it!...But why boast about it?????

The only reason I made the post was because there are LOTS and LOTS of posts like the one's I mentioned....respectively, it probably is the "age difference". I was probably the same way when I was 20ish!
post #9 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

"Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
but would never even consider a Vette even if it was the fastest thing on earth. Phallic symbol of a car if there ever was one. "

Whats that have to do with the thread?
post #10 of 101 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 05:54 PM

As much as a Vette guy coming to a GTO forum to complain about what they are posting..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in