Whats your most embarassing loss? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 09:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Whats your most embarassing loss?

Im studying for an exam and looking for some way to distract myself so I pose this question to you- What is your most embarrassing loss and why?

I lost to a 350Z, embarrassing because it was my buddy pioleting the Z and I missed third and caught hell for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Also, another embarassing "loss" was to a lincoln LS...hes a frind of mine and we were at a light, we decided to race, when i got a phone call. fumbling with my phone caused me to not realize the light turned green until the traffic behind me was beeping...needless to say it wasnt much of a race
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 01:51 AM

Honda Civic with a Garret T-3 turbo. Barely beat me. I was bone stock at the time. I'd rip him a new a-hole now...

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 08:37 AM

When I first bought my 86 Mustang GT in 1987 my friend with a Cavalier Z24 beat me twice to about 70 mph. I learned to drive real quick.

I had my first C5 Z06 at the strip and a lady in a rusty old Chevy van that had what sounded like cut-outs, so it sounded like crap, beat me. It was my first time at the strip. She cut a .007 light and had a 1.75 or so 60' and went on to run a 13.1 at 103-104 or so. I knew she got me at the light so I tried to make up time. I ended up spinning real bad and blowing through first and hit the rev limiter. I hit second and spun like crazy again so I backed out and bogged it. Then I hit the rev limiter again, missed my 2-3 shift and had find third. I hit the rev limiter in 3rd thinking I could trap out in 3rd and shifted to 4th about 200' before the line. I think I ran a 14.4 at 101. It was just over a 100. I remember thinking, this was 2004, that I could do everything wrong and still beat a stock Mustang GT.

I got a rematch later in the day and beat her by a half second. At which point you go ok I beat up on a lady in a $2000 Chevy van with my Corvette, yeah baby I'm a man.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 09:34 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to sleepindirty
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyminpin View Post
Honda Civic with a Garret T-3 turbo. Barely beat me. I was bone stock at the time. I'd rip him a new a-hole now...
Its funny you mention this. I had a Honda Civic pull up on me the other day. My head turned and I noticed him, noticing me, only because his car was spray painted white and he had two orange stripes on his fender, similar to a corvette. When the light turned green I accelerated faster than normal because I usually like to show the GTO off a little, when someone is checking me out. I noticed he accelerated with me, then he had a car on me and I was in WTF stage of Adrenalin. By the time I got my foot in it and we cleared the intersection I was a good two-two and half cars behind him and in full panic mode (large 6 lane intersection). By now the GTO had screamed though first and caught second and I was starting to catch spay painted white&orange stripe civic man. I was so focused on catching him and staying in it until I did that before I knew it we were doing 110 in a 45 coming over the top of a hill, I was terrified.. All I could see was a car turning across the lanes or red and blue police lights coming the other direction.

I’ve only had the gto for about three weeks .. But no more street racing for me. I do plan on going to the 1/4 track around here soon.

oo btw .. at 110 I did catch him! so I dont know that it was really a loss.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-14-2010, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

haha you have to respect subies, my buddy had a wrx pushing 650+ to all 4 wheels, coupled with near full carbon fiber= a rediculously fast car. granted he had many of thousands of dollars into it but still...
sorry to hear about the civics...i would hate getting pulled on by a fwd car, even if it was boosted
Also, the van is very funny.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-15-2010, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaletko View Post
i would hate getting pulled on by a fwd car, even if it was boosted
I laughed when i read this because my Saturn stays even with my Gto from a roll. Goat wins from a dig though.

<-- Guess which ones quicker?.....Nope! Not even close.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 12:17 PM

When I lived in Hawaii, there was a time that some folks were into VW bugs (old ones).
I did come up against a few of them with my modified '74 GTO but they would always loose.
I did race one bug that almost took me.
He had me by nearly a two car lengths but I managed to get by him on the big end.
He was at my rear quarter panel when we crossed the line so I didn't get him by much.
I never got the chance to race him again though.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaletko View Post
I would hate getting pulled on by a fwd car, even if it...was boosted
Also, the van is very funny.
You'd get used to it after a while

SRT-4 Stage 3
[email protected],
Best trap 120.60
Best sixty 1.68
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 11:19 AM
Former Super Moderator

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I had an older nice sounding VW beetle with a twin carb kit and headers and pulled up along side a mid `70s Monty Carlo jacked up in the back with big tires. I'd coast up to him in 3rd then rev it up down shift to 2nd and take off. Well it wouldn't take him anything to quickly blow me away and then he'd slow down, I'd come back up along side in 3rd, rev and take off in second, he'd oblige and take me again. This happened like 4 or 5 times and the last time he goes by me his tranny explodes into a huge white cloud of smoke! He immediately pulls off into a parking lot as I waved out the window on my way by. It was my loss and his embarrassment!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in