Whomped on a CRX uphill - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Whomped on a CRX uphill

This couldn't have been any better or more satisfying. My wife, her best friend, and my son were on the way to my mother's house to ditch the kid for a wedding reception, so I had 3 1/2 people in the car including myself.

I was getting into urbania, there were stoplights at least every 3-4 blocks, and at one of the intersections, a guy who looked to be in his mid 30s in like a '91 or '92 red Civic hatchback with some black on chrome aftermarket rims & a fart pipe makes a right turn, and follows me up to the next red light, nobody in front of us. Usually I won't do a stoplight unless someone initiates it, and I figured he wouldn't bother, since we were stopped on a mild hill. Well, the light turns green and he nails it, spins his tires, and hums off. So I throw down after my rollout, and he's got at least a 4 length jump, but by the end of 2nd, I caught him. I waved to him as I passed by, but he ignored me like I was on a bicycle.

Not too bad for having 3 more people in the car than him, going up hill, with a hell of an early start.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 10:36 PM

I had a similar encounter but i was in the honda and it was a g8 gxp that pick on me uphill from a 40 roll, he pulled up next to me and i was in fifth gave it enough gas so he could hear the blow off valve---- dude just dumped it into to second and jumped 1 car on my little honda then when i pulled up to his quarter panel he let off and turned....... he ahd no idea that i had a big turbo on my little honda....

I am loosing the honda because nobody gives it any love except for kids with a muffler on there integra

I am hoping to trade up to a gto in the spring and adding either the sts or aps turbo kit...
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 10:54 AM Thread Starter

I guess I didn't understand what the guy was expecting, he wants to act like he's hard, and when I beat him with a car full of ladies he's gonna act like his foot slipped? Too much douchebaggery on the streets. I wish I could have slapped him in his skullet.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 09:29 PM

I wouldn't have bothered, not worth to waste gas.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 01:31 AM Thread Starter

A chirp of the tires is an invite... no matter who it is. Like a fat chick buying you a drink at the bar... you're going to turn it down?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Dan View Post
A chirp of the tires is an invite... no matter who it is. Like a fat chick buying you a drink at the bar... you're going to turn it down?
Like I said above not worth the gas, expecally with my family in the car. I don't get how that second part you typed correlates with racing a Honda. I will tell her thanks for the drink

Humm so with that said, you will not turn down an invite to a gay bar and in that gay bar you will not turn down a dance with a gay guy during a slow song. Interesting...

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

I don't see what's so dangerous about a straight road, accelerating up to 60-70...

And piss on his little H, you don't quick roll up to me at a light all hot an bothered with your glitter rims & rubber band tires, then expect me to pull a Porsche owner move and completely ignore you.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Dan View Post
I don't see what's so dangerous about a straight road, accelerating up to 60-70...
Anything can happen man, you never know. Be safe.
Quote:
And piss on his little H, you don't quick roll up to me at a light all hot an bothered with your glitter rims & rubber band tires, then expect me to pull a Porsche owner move and completely ignore you.
Damn man, you take it to another level. I see you don't turn down nothing

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 08:12 PM Thread Starter

Hell, I raced a Suburban one day... that guy was cool about it though, asked me questions about it.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 10:41 PM

The fact that you have a gto and he has a crx would ve been satisfying enough for me. What did you prove by beating a 120hp 4 banger with a 400hp car? not trying to sound like a dic just wondering if im missing something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in