WTF Is Going ON?!?!? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WTF Is Going ON?!?!?

OK, 05 GTO, side exhaust bla bla bla read my sig. ill admit the goat looks pretty intimidating but its beatable.
anyways, my problem is, i can almost NEVER find a friggin race! in the last month i've run 1 2010 mustang gt. we just slowed down in traffic and did a 50-90ish roll ( i never left 3rd) without romping too hard i had him by about a car by 90. was a pretty stout mustang ill say.

but since then NOTHING. i drive around seeing possible races going the opposite way, or loaded down with traffic, or they just wont bite.

yet, each time i drive the beastly 94 honda accord 2.2 blue with chipping clear coat. i end up lined up next to tons of potential races. just last night i was in between 2 silver mustangs, (2000 bodystyles) one a GT one a MACH1 with a light in front of us...
why cant this happen when im in my GTO

K&N CAI, lightly ported stock TB/INT, JBA Hpipe, Spintech Side Exh. ([email protected] r/t .8800 60' 2.06)
1/13/10- Kooks 1 3/4, LS7 Clutch, B&M shifter
1/21/11 - Eibach Springs, Monroe Shocks, EBC Brakes
Soon - "Sungold" PowderCoated 17"s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 09:59 PM

Because you're in Jacksonville. You oughta PCS out here to Miramar. Tons or people to race. I had to stop racing. got me in trouble with the wife and the Cali Highway Patrol. S2000's just piss me off Frankly... Good Luck tho
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 03:41 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to dquack
Yeah when I was there at my sisters never really got anyone to bite. I think alot of people see the GTO and avoid it. I have only had a few people roll up on me wanting to go. I picked my goat up from north Germany 2 weeks ago and the 5 hour ride back to home station was a killer till the sun dropped and people stopped worrying about racing. Ate alot of bimmers and mercedes through.

Sometimes I find myself driving around town for no reason other then to catch a race. Pretty pathetic huh? LMAO! Keep driving man you'll find the races. Bet alot of them slink away before you see them. They can probably hear you half a mile away. LOL.

2006 Black on black M6 - Cam, Supermaxx header system, valvetrain kit, L76 intake, L92 Heads, Volant cool air intake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BgmGcv90RM

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 07:04 AM

For me its trucks, a nice sounding Toyota Tundra try to. I had one of those new Dodge Hemi trucks try to run me last weekend. He found out the hard way that his Hemi ain't chit.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 12:42 PM

I rarely ever get people to run me, unless something sporty pulls up to a light. Even then it's rare, and sometimes they/I don't bother.

I mostly look for people to run on the freeway.

The hottest thing most people run around in here is LS1 F-bodies. The vette guys are all gray haired dudes that don't bother.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

well i guess im lucky because i have a track right outside base, i can at least get races there but it seems every weekend's weather is garbage.

i would love to run some ls1 fbody cars, theyre not too hard to make a good race for us.
and ive never gotten to race a vette in my gto. i want to get to the point i can beat base model c6s, then mayb c5 z06s.

im going hunting again tonight see what i can find.

K&N CAI, lightly ported stock TB/INT, JBA Hpipe, Spintech Side Exh. ([email protected] r/t .8800 60' 2.06)
1/13/10- Kooks 1 3/4, LS7 Clutch, B&M shifter
1/21/11 - Eibach Springs, Monroe Shocks, EBC Brakes
Soon - "Sungold" PowderCoated 17"s
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dquack View Post
Sometimes I find myself driving around town for no reason other then to catch a race. Pretty pathetic huh? LMAO! Keep driving man you'll find the races. Bet alot of them slink away before you see them. They can probably hear you half a mile away. LOL.
naw man ur not alone, i do that all the time. if im bored sitting at home, ill just go for a drive just because im in the mood and every now and then ill run into a mustang or some turbod car that wants to run hahaha
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 11:39 PM

I always get the huge turbo diesels 3500's. Why do they want to run? I give them credit with the turbo and after it spinns up it moves nice for a big truck but it's no match for the smaller lighter goat.
I stupidly beat one the other night but it got nasty because it was close to freezing and the rear end kicked out from under me a little and I thought I might loose it, I had to let off but I was still way ahead of him.

I think I may want to get the big GMC with the 6.2 just for the fun of it now The have 400 ponies
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 05:09 PM

I'm not much of a racer. But I love to drive my girl. At the moment she's parked until I get her inspected again. (I live in NJ) I had a problem with the CAI. The weather hasn't been to helpful either. But when we're out there I drive her. It seems that people with cars that can race don't want to bother either. The ones that do are usually morons that seem to believe the stupid Zoom zoom comercials. Or the retards with acuras and hondas that seem to think that because they have a spoiler in the back and two pipes sticking out they have a fast car. I usually don't bother because all they really do is cause accidents. But sometimes they try to embarass you and laugh or give you the finger. So that's when I have to let her do what she was built to do. And like I said I'm not much of a racer, at least not yet not from a dig, but I guarantee you I can drive her especially from a roll. So I unleash the fury. for a few minutes then I slow down and they won't even look at you.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 05:59 PM

Same here. I'm not much of a racer anymore. I would imagine that if I bought a late model GTO, that would change, but I've never felt I had to have one.
I get all the attention I need with my '69 GTO just because people rarely see them (or anything like them) just cruising around on the streets.
I just cruise, ignore the racer idiots, and think; "Yeah this is mine bioches".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > Off Topic Discussions > Racing and Kill Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in