Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Mystery code at bottom of body tag 43-??

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  tonyskala 
#1 · (Edited)
Mystery code at bottom of '65 Lemans body tag ... 43-1SC

Hi,

1965 Pontiac LeMans Convertible...

I've identified most of the codes on the body tag (see attached), but I cannot tell what the code is that is stamped in the bottom right corner, to the right of the "Body by Fisher" line.

*** SECOND PHOTO SHOWS A BETTER IMAGE OF THE CODE ***

It appears to read 43-1SC

Does anyone have a clue what this code means ?

Also, my Seat Type Code = "B" which to me is standard Bucket seats (which is what the car has), can someone confirm that single character seat code ?

Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
The only thing readily available are the Group accessory codes, no Package Options.

Group 3 shows to be letter codes B=rear window defogger, K=dome reading light, and N=roof rail reading lamps.

Group 4 shows to be F=outside remote mirror.

"43-1SC" does not show up as a Sales Code Number or UPC Code Number.

The number does not readily show up as other numbers/codes do, so it is an unknown. Perhaps PHS can be emailed and he may have some idea of what that number/code is. :thumbsup:

#6 ·
I can't figure it out either

I found this article about a 65. In it they attempt to decipher the tag. Although it is not a 43-1SC it has a simile format of 44-2 and the fold at motor trend also indicate it is a mystery.

The link you posted appears to be for newer cars and i am not sure if it is applicable to 65's I will keep looking but I think that if motor trend can't id it we are going o have a hard time with it.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/sup...vertible-deserves-concours-level-restoration/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.