Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Gainesville, VA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Well, I fixed the bogging.... Timing, timing, timing! Well, I did tweak on the carb too, but only on the idle. Basically, I went from 32 degrees of total timing to 36 degrees and it made a HUGE difference. After I adjusted the timing, my idle had jumped up, so I played with that a bit.
It started out at 9 degrees initial, and 32 total and went to 15/36. Then, I tweaked the idle until I got around 750 (769 on timing light).
Now - I cant get it to bog. Where before it would squeal a wheel, now it'll do a full on Paul Newman-white-cloud-of-death burn out. In addition to the crazy improved throttle response, just regular driving is all smoothed out. It sounds smoother, feels smoother and accelerates better in normal driving conditions.
And here I thought it drove pretty good before, just with the little bog problem. The timing change made a huge difference.
There's a thread in Gen Discussion that is related - I'll post details of the process and some pics there...
I do have some carb issues to deal with....that'll be for another weekend.