Engine Advice Please
I now have my 67 GTO convertible where it steers, brakes, and handles almost as well as my modern cars. I'm much more comfortable with it's safety and reliability than when I purchased it earlier this year. Now that it's safe to drive, I'm thinking about more power so it will be a little more fun.
I want some advice on my options. My requirements are:
1. Runs on 91 octane or lower.
2. Maintains a reasonably stock appearance.
3. I'm able to run my stock TH400 and open 3.55 rear end behind it for now.
4. It is at least as fast as my daily driver and my wife's grocery hauler.
5. I don't have a budget but I don't want to brake the bank either.
I know I'll have traction issues and I will address those with a closed differential and possibley better wheel/tire combos. I just want it to be able to get me to 60 mph in 5 seconds or better.