Intake Manifold diagram??? Anyone have pics? - Pontiac GTO Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Intake Manifold diagram??? Anyone have pics?

Hey guys,

I'm recently picked up a 66 gto partially frame off restored. I'm working on getting the motor running and need help determining the correct running of all of the vacuum lines. does anyone have a diagram or can anyone take pictures of which vacuum line connections lead where? there is also a hose barb under the carb I dont know what line is supposed to go here. Thanks in advance for the help.

Cam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmjunkie View Post
Hey guys,

I'm recently picked up a 66 gto partially frame off restored. I'm working on getting the motor running and need help determining the correct running of all of the vacuum lines. does anyone have a diagram or can anyone take pictures of which vacuum line connections lead where? there is also a hose barb under the carb I dont know what line is supposed to go here. Thanks in advance for the help.

Cam
All the vacuum lines ????

If all you're trying to do is "get the engine running" - just block off any open vacuum ports.

You should have a line going to vacuum advance (distributor); one going to the power brake booster (if you have power brakes); one to the PCV valve; and one more if you have an automatic transmission for kick down...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Motor from top.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	117849   Click image for larger version

Name:	Motor front.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	117851   Click image for larger version

Name:	Motor drivers side.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	117853   Click image for larger version

Name:	brake booster.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	117855  

1965 GTO Convertible 3 speed tri-power drum brakes originally

Current setup:
400 cu in with tri-power
4 speed Muncie
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Cij911, I appreciate the response. But I also should have specified I have a 4 barrel intake. I was moreso trying to figure out which vacuum port is factory correct each vacuum line. Especially the barb located underneath the carb. I’m finishing the restoration so I’m not sure where those lines were originally run to.

Thanks for the pictures tho, eventually I’ll be swapping over to a tri power intake and this will definitely help.

God, Country, Cars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Complete Engine Compartment Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in