2Likes
  • 2 Post By Shake-N-Bake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Numbers Matching GTO

Where on the engine block do you find the serial number? Also, once you have the number do you compare it to the VIN number? I wanted to see if my 67 was a numbers matching car, thanks.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ualrdyknow88 View Post
Where on the engine block do you find the serial number? Also, once you have the number do you compare it to the VIN number? I wanted to see if my 67 was a numbers matching car, thanks.

John
The partial VIN is stamped on the front RH side of the block down by the lower radiator hose inlet on 1968 and newer models. Original 1967 and older engines didn't get a partial VIN.

Best way to tell if your engine is original is compare the EUN to the billing history card from your PHS docs. EUN is found on the RH front of block, just below the cylinder head.

Also worth the time to verify casting and date code. On most all 67 engines those numbers are near the distributor hole. The threaded plug occupies the same space as the first two digits of the cast number so you will have to infer those numbers.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
JNYBOY and ualrdyknow88 like this.

Last edited by Shake-N-Bake; 01-24-2018 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 08:17 PM
Former Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ualrdyknow88 View Post

John
I moved your post to the proper section of the forum, you had it in the 2002-2004 section.
The proper section helps you get more responses and also in the proper section for those searching the archives.
Shake-N-Bake is correct, you will need the PHS documents to in order to find out if your engine is original to the car.

PHS Historic Services
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Pontiac GTO Forum > The 1964-1974 Pontiac Tempest, Lemans & GTO > 1964-1974 Tempest, Lemans & GTO Complete Engine Compartment Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac GTO Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in